• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes yardage compensator scopes? idk...

itstherush

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
www.athensarchery.com
im a newbie, this is my first post.

im looking for a complete new setup, possibly building a long range setup from scratch. im looking for a different style scope for my AR15, that will change over to a new rifle. im looking for a scope with the adjustment for the yardage, (or bullet drop compensator) on the top of the scope, say out to 1000 yards. ive seen these on military issue sniper setups, but what brands are out there, and if so, what about the budget brands in the cheaper range.

Re: yardage compensator scopes? idk...

The only commercially available BDC scope that I have seen that goes out to 1000 yds is by Zeiss. It is called the Rapid Z reticle and is only provided for the .308.

You can look at the Horus scope line. Their products have a computer system that can be used with their reticle for any caliber or rifle. You need to buy a higher end scope with them however because they dont offer parallax adjustment with their entry line scopes.

Keep in mind that a BDC reticle and mil-reticles are completely different and are used for certain caliber applications within certain velocities, so you may not get what you are looking for.

Good Luck

I don't think it is reasonable to shot a 5.56 out to 1000 yards for effective end ballistics.

If you want a quality scope, would suggest Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 scope...it has caliber specific bullet drop indicator out to 800 yards.

No need for batteries with dual-illuminated reticle...fiberoptics for daylight and tritium for night. It is also the longer eye relief out of all Trijicon ACOGs.

Welcome,
Kenton makes BDC knobs for a lot of different scopes. They are OEM quality. I have used them on Night Force and Leupolds. Some customers of mine swear by them for hunting applications. They would be good for target shooting too.

I prefer to leave my turret in MOA so I can adapt to different loads or conditions. A BDC knob does eliminate the need for a drop chart on the side of your rifle. I hunt long range so the extra time and equipment is not an issue for me.