• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yay, 500rnds of Wolf MT on the way!!!

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I managed to snag a box from Midway USA on my last order. So now I have some known accurate ammo on the way for my Savage and I don't feel like I got bent over for it.

I wish I could have ordered more, but I needed to get some components for the .308 and a bipod for the Savage.

Since Winchester Dynapoint GT is accurate enough for plinking steel in my rifle I can save the Wolf for shooting groups and dot drills. Things are looking up though. I checked a couple places and powder and bullets are back in stock!!! Too bad I don't have any money. Primers are still out everywhere. I just stocked up on them though!

Re: Yay, 500rnds of Wolf MT on the way!!!

I picked up a few bricks the other day too. I finally tried it out of my little CZ varmit and I was making nice little holes at 50yds. Next range trip its going out to 100.

LW-when they are out of WolfMT see of they have SK Standard Plus in stock. Same stuff, same plant, different box.....

I am trying to locate some CCI SV. Greg said that it's pretty much the same as CCI Green Tag and my rifle loves that stuff.

The local places have been out of it and I can't find it online.

I am starting to look at my .22's a little differently as of late. I need to get a bunch more ammo stored up for them. Besides being great for training, if it all goes south, they are great for putting meat on the table.

Iv'e noticed ammo & most reloading components are picking up. Like you said primers are still out though. What gets me is you can find all you want on places like Gunbroker and they are supposedly fresh made. Lucky I had some stored back though. I just don't like to feel like I have been broke down like a single shot shotgun by paying those high prices. Like sobrbiker said, try the SK standard plus when you can't find any Wolf. It's good stuff.

I also placed an order for a brick of the Wolf. I have been hearing great things about it, can't wait to try it
grin.gif
The only ammo ive been able to get my hands on that performs <span style="font-style: italic">somewhat</span> decent has been Rem sunsonic HPs and Eley Sport. So this should be quite satisfying

AlabamaShooter,
Let me know how your CZ shoots at 100. I have a cz453 and at 50 it shoots extremely good. At 100 it opens up some but that probably is me.

I bought some of the Wolf Extra Match from Midway and for the hell of it, I sorted it by rim thickness.

Out of my CZ452 American:

.040 rim:
Lo 1057 FPS
Hi 1096
Av 1083
ES 30.08
SD 10.90

.039 rim
Lo 1054
Hi 1080
Av 1068
ES 26.00
SD 9.32

I shot 10 shot groups @ 50yds and 100yds. It was MOA at both.

About 50% of the rounds would not extract- I ended up prying them out with a pocket screw driver. I'm sure it would have grouped better if I didn't have to stop every other round.

I had some Eley EPS and Federal GMM also, no extraction problems with either of those.

Actually, the Eley EPS seemed to shoot the best, but at 131.00 a brick, I won't be shooting much of it.

Thanks for the link VTR. Im gonna give them a try next week after I test this Wolf MT. Thanks again!