• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ye olde wise ones

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Trying to stay positive in the current time but need your help.
Ammo and powder suck right now and I don’t see an end in sight and I’m hoping that some of you could shed some light on this for me because some of you have been through these times before.

I want to build a 22CM (I would have to build the rifle). I’ve got everything to reload but powder but I can’t find h1000, reloder 26, or h4350. And at my local hunting store it’s the same 5 guys that know the shipping schedule and buy everything before anyone can buy anything.

so do I build the rifle and then have it sit in my safe collecting dust waiting/hoping I find powder some day?

And I want to avoid GunBroker to pay those silly prices.

Trying to stay positive in the current time but need your help.
Ammo and powder suck right now and I don’t see an end in sight and I’m hoping that some of you could shed some light on this for me because been through these times before.

I want to build a 22CM (I would have to build the rifle). I’ve got everything to reload but powder but I can’t find h1000, reloder 26, or h4350. And at my local hunting store it’s the same 5 guys that know the shipping schedule and buy everything before anyone can buy anything.

so do I build the rifle and then have it sit in my safe collecting dust waiting/hoping I find powder some day?

And I want to avoid GunBroker to pay those silly prices.
Ah, can you too find out the shipping schedule and beat them at their own game? Or how about suggesting to the manager purchase limits so more customers can get supplies? Do you k ow that store well?

also, work schedule dependent, google the powder early in the day and see if you get a hit. About three was ago I tripped into Natchez on an H4350 search result and it was in stock, 5 ea one pounder limit for real actual old school retail price and I scored.

it can be had but you need to be tenacious.

Reactions: sinister
I see those powders popping up at reputable online dealers like Powder Valley, Midsouth, and others. I'd say go for it and keep looking for the powder you want. It's becoming available but people are still hoarding.
Also post a WTB ad for what your looking for. If you have something worthwhile to trade that could help.

Build it. Use ammoseek and the like to set alerts, go make nice with the LGS dudes to get them to hold you a pound on their next shipment. Ask about trades on the hide or at your club. Anywhere near Colorado? Sometimes you just need to ask. Be aggressive and creative. You’ll find what you need.

Try to work a deal with the local guys or get there first I vote if you cannot find any other powders to use.

Shoot a cartridge you can feed otherwise?

Surely you can put money down at the store?

Retumbo would be a better match than H1000 for 22 creed wouldn't it, or even the 50 cal stuff given the overbore?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s not far away. I’d guess a year. Granted they don’t pass any new legislation....even then....

Last edited:
Surely you can put money down at the store?

Retumbo would be a better match than H1000 for 22 creed wouldn't it, or even the 50 cal stuff given the overbore?
Retumbo??? good luck in my area. shops haven't seen that fairy dust in over 2 years....

and I'm going off others load data. No data I've seen have touched Retumbo. maybe they couldn't get it or maybe its overkill and not worth the money?

Last edited: