• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yesterday at the range.

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
Finally remembered to take a few pics at the range.
8-2-2011008.jpg

8-2-2011014.jpg

Re: Yesterday at the range.

I'm thinking next time out it will be the bolt guns. Hopefully I will remember to take some target pictures.

Early in the morning, during the week the range is usually deserted. Our club is great about letting you do your own thing when you are alone on a range.

I go to a public range and I LOVE to be there alone. I go as early as possible to have the place to myself.

Concrete and a wood stock, be careful. I lay down a blanket for mine to rest on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Concrete and a wood stock, be careful. I lay down a blanket for mine to rest on. </div></div>

Yes be careful you don't scratch that battle rifle.
cool.gif

Nice rifles. When you snap the pics, keep the sun behind you, your subject(s) will be better illuminated in the photos.

You guys have a sweet range. Hmmm.... a lefty upper. A curse I share.

Nice set ups, how do you like your M1A compared to your Ar-15's? I've been thinking a M1A might be my next purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice set ups, how do you like your M1A compared to your Ar-15's? I've been thinking a M1A might be my next purchase. </div></div>
I love the M1A. I went back and forth for quite a while trying to decide if I liked it or the 308 AR better, but just ended up thinking that both of them have their own qualities which make each one a great rifle. You can't go wrong buying an M1A. They are lots of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifles. When you snap the pics, keep the sun behind you, your subject(s) will be better illuminated in the photos.

You guys have a sweet range. Hmmm.... a lefty upper. A curse I share. </div></div>
I'll keep that in mind. I have a lot to learn about photography.
It's always good to hear from a fellow lefty. I like to think it has saved me a great deal of money, I can't imagine how many guns I would have bought if I was right handed.

Ironic!
Fellow lefty here, and I am a member to the above range as well! I second going out during weekdays at 6-7am. Its a great time to be out there. Maybe I will see you out there some time as that is pretty much the only time I shoot.

The AR was my go-to rifle when I decided to start shooting .308 because I shoot a rifle lefty. Guys, is it me, or do we have some incredibly accurate rifles? The semi auto is fast with follow up shots, kick is nothing, easy to work on, etc.

I just loves me some AR's. Had an M-1a, a real Cadillac, dropped empties in a neat pile 3 feet away, very accurate, but sold her for my 1st two Colt's.

My next rifle will be a Noveske N6 with a 21" SS barrel. My USO 3-17x T-Pal is going on it that same day!