• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Yet another 2-stage trigger thread TT vs Geissele

Yellowhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2018
North Alabama
I've read through all the 2019/2020/2021 threads and still can't make up my mind. Gun is a Templar VII action.

I'm rather new to precision bolt guns but I've got a lot of rounds under my belt with gas guns, with my most accurate/favorite rifles getting Geissele NM & everything else a mix of SSA-E/SSA/MBT2S.

The bolt gun I have now has a Calvin elite single stage. It's fine, but I kind of miss the 2 stage.

I prefer a heavier first stage with a noticable wall and then a lighter second stage to break the shot. I'm also not a trigger tinkerer, I like to get it setup and then leave it alone--so I'm not sure a BnA is right for me. I'm also not a competitor so I don't think I want to go super light; I just like to to shoot groups, smack steel, and tinker with reloading.

From what I can tell from reading all the discussions, it sounds like TT 2 stage is well reviewed but it has a short first stage.

How does the Geissele Super 700 2 stage feel? They are OOS everywhere at the moment. Is it similar to their AR 2 stage triggers?

I've switched over to the Geiselle from the Bix n Andy Tacsport Pro on all my bolt guns. I did find myself fiddling alot with the BnA, the Geiselle I just set for the weights I like and leave it alone.

I don't have a ton of time on Geiselle's 2 stage AR triggers, but I'd say they are similar. Positive take-up, definite wall, and no over travel.

I've tried the CG Extreme, BnA, and a couple of times on the TT 2 stage. Of all those, the Geiselle has felt the best to me and has been the most fiddle free.

Also, the Geiselle has worked out of the box for me on a Mausingfield, Defiance, and TL3.

Reactions: Yellowhammer
Geiselle failed miserably for me in match conditions with dust and dirt. It did feel great otherwise. Had troubles with the same on BnA along with a couple internal failures. A few matches in with the TT and no problems whatsoever

I have Tubb T7T's on my match rifle and several others. I love it. A nice firm wall even at lower weights. Consistent and easy to maintain. I pulled all of my Timney Calvin Elites after I first tried a Tubb T7T. I still use the CE's for hunting guns, but I love the Tubb for my match rigs.

My dad tried out my match rifle trigger and really liked it. But he found a Geissele in stock and bought it. He put it on his relatively new Rem 700 AWR. The factory (MOA??) trigger that was on there was horrible. Turned all the way down it was still a 4plus pound trigger. He said that the Geissele is fantastic. He hasn't shot it much since he did the swap after hunting season .....and he just got a new custom 1911 for his Bullseye Pistol shooting habit.....but none the less.

I'd say you're safe with either.