• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Yet another stippling thread (XDm)

rogue308

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2009
TX
I know we get one of these threads about once a week but I thought I would share my experience anyway. I got tired of the skateboard tape peeling off after a hard range day or a month of normal use so I went ahead and made a permanent solution.

SANY0005-1.jpg

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

I didn't use the same technique on the entire gun because I wanted different textures in different areas. I tried it out on my Arredondo mag bases first. I liked how they turned out so I went ahead and dived in on the pistol. It's pretty easy guys so if you're on the fence about it just go for it. Sorry for the picture quality, I'm not a photographer by any means.

Re: Yet another stippling thread (XDm)

And do you care to elaborate on how you went about it? Sorry, been thinking about it for a while and want lots of ways to d oit befor I screw up my gun.

I didn't really have any special technique. I think the general consensus is just a soldering iron and a 6 pack. I practiced on wifeys kitchen knives before anything though....now that I don't recommend.

Yeah, I've never tried it, been meaning too, but don't own all that many plastic pistols. Might have to pick up a spare PF-9 frame and have at it, if I like my work I can swap frames or do it to my "auxillary carry gun" fancy talk for the one in my back pocket that serves backup duty to my 629.