• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yeti buys Mystery Ranch

Yea their Fireland stuff is made in the us and good. I used to buy it for our guys in one of the agencies i worked for.

But the vast majority of their line, and the stuff you see guys hiking and shooting matches with, is the cheaper imported stuff.

Kifaru, SG and EXO are not much more expensive, all made in the USA and have free lifetime repairs/replacement.

Reactions: YotaEer
Yea their Fireland stuff is made in the us and good. I used to buy it for our guys in one of the agencies i worked for.

But the vast majority of their line, and the stuff you see guys hiking and shooting matches with, is the cheaper imported stuff.

Kifaru, SG and EXO are not much more expensive, all made in the USA and have free lifetime repairs/replacement.
Want to add Hill People Gear to the MiUSA list. They make some incredible stuff.

Also, a credible source mentioned that the MR MiUSA stuff actually has just enough to get called MiUSA and be compliant but that a lot of it is made in Mexico.

Want to add Hill People Gear to the MiUSA list. They make some incredible stuff.

Also, a credible source mentioned that the MR MiUSA stuff actually has just enough to get called MiUSA and be compliant but that a lot of it is made in Mexico.
If it still says made in USA and was manufactured in the last 2 years it’s all us made. Biden changed the requirements to use the made in USA label. It now has to be 100% sourced and manufactured in the US. No more white labeling.

Oh good call. HPG makes awesome stuff. A couple prs buddies run their bags and are really happy with them. I run their recon heavy chest bags in the woods and my swaros live in their pouch. Amazingly well designed and crafted gear!

Reactions: godofthunder
If it still says made in USA and was manufactured in the last 2 years it’s all us made. Biden changed the requirements to use the made in USA label. It now has to be 100% sourced and manufactured in the US. No more white labeling.
Interesting, didn't know that. That said I don't have a reference for when this was happening but clearly must have been over two years ago.

Reactions: diverdon
Interesting, didn't know that. That said I don't have a reference for when this was happening but clearly must have been over two years ago.
If you remember there was a big thing about 9 line and some guy named Sean Whalen claiming made in USA but really they were white labeled shirts and only the silk screening was done state side. This was news right around when the change happened.

I remember when Mystery Ranch was Dana Design and was just getting started in the hunting pack market. I still have their Longbow model that I went down to the shop and got fitted for. There were actually a bunch of college kids and hippies sewing the packs together in a little building off the interstate. Things changed quite a bit over the years. I am a big Exo pack fan now. Good guys and Made in the USA.

I can't believe that I am even THINKING the potato did anything I agree with.