• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yeti Coolers

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    Where is the best place to buy a Yeti 35 or 45 cooler, I need a cooler that will keep stuff cold for range days in the TEXAS sun, and over night shooting excursions.

Re: Yeti Coolers

Better material, construction, insulation, better latches, the whole nine yards. They are better in every way, but to me, not worth the cost.

I own a 75qt and the (I think 25qt) Roadie. The 75qt rocks, but the 25qt isn't as impressive. Still better than any I have owned.
    Very well built, seals up great, and best of all, there bear proof. Very important out here in Kansas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no experience with these coolers, what makes them better than a Coleman or such? </div></div>

Last week at Rifles Only the temp was 100 degrees, Brandon has a big black truck, in the back of his truck was a Yeti, after sitting out all day the ice hardly melted, my cooler was in a air conditioned room and the ice all melted, that sold me, the Yeti knock offs that the guy was selling there are nice coolers but I think the Yeti is still better.

We fish a lot and keeping your ice and fish cold for long periods is pretty important. In our own testing, Frigid Rigid holds ice the longest but they are gelcoated so they can be chipped pretty easily. The Yeti's and Engels are pretty much a tie in the cooler department and are both very, very rugged.

I got a 120qt that I have had for 4 years and it is well worth the money. I can become a dealer here at my shop if I could sell a few I think it would be worth it to us. I think the minimum order for free freight is like $3k.

On the rugged feature, Mine was in the back of the truck when I totaled it. The cooler has a small dent in the lid and it smashed in the back top corner of the cab of my truck. It has been through everything and still is in great shape.

you can send them a logo & they will put in on coolers if you buy enough,,, besides that they just keep ice forever

too bad they don't make one that is 16 quarts. I'd use it for toobing the rivers here in TX.

But wait. The beer doesn't last all day anyhow, and I'm too drunk to notice.

wait a second. I know I didn't just see a price of 200 for a 20 quart cooler.
    Your all out of your fucking minds.

I hear you can get "blems" for ~30% off at the factory in Austin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad they don't make one that is 16 quarts. I'd use it for toobing the rivers here in TX.

But wait. The beer doesn't last all day anyhow, and I'm too drunk to notice.

wait a second. I know I didn't just see a price of 200 for a 20 quart cooler.
    Your all out of your fucking minds. </div></div>

They have pretty much Banned all the River Drinking anyways from what I hear , Not a Big Tuber, but know lots of friends that do that are really pissed aboutsome new laws they are coming out with!

Back to Yeti's....Got a few for our crews here at work , they seem to be the only ones to hold Ice the longest and the abuse...

It's alot of the containers they are banning due to irresponsible dickheads littering. Not the booze directly.

The whole town runs off of river tourism money. Tourists like booze. So the rules will change no doubt.

I've got one that we take on hunting/fishing and LR trips. It has survived quite a bit and it just keep your drink colder and wont let them get smashed. I know their priced are high but you pay for the materials and craftsmanship. You can buy one of these and last a lifetime or buy 15 Colemans the rest of your life as they wear out.

Buy once, cry once

I scored a blem from the SHOT booth this year at significant savings. If the same can be done at the office in Austin, that's the way to go. I never have figured out what was "blem" about the one I got. My big 65 keeps ice for days. And they are a perfect canvas for graffiti or stickers from one's favored suppliers/companies...
    smile.gif

I have been thinking about getting a Yeti, thanks for the real world reviews, might head to BPS and take a look at their prices.

Absolutely worth the money. I fought it for a long time, but finally gave in and bought one. For long trips down PINS in the jeep, they can not be beat. Just make sure you don't leave it in the bed of the truck like an Igloo...sure is pricey to replace.

Yeti's can not be beat for their durability. Mine has endured everything I have put it through, it will by far outlast any Igloo.

I have a 20 and a 65. They are worth the money if you can appreciate a quality product. Midway carries them and you can use the promo codes.

you can get them at academy sports. the 65 is 349.99 there. IMO its not worth it unless you really have a reason for it. the latches are made from rubber

Another vote for Engel...In my opinion as good if not better than Yeti. You are paying for name recognition with Yeti. Engel coolers are great, the latches are so much better than Yeti. I own a 35 an 80, and a 123 quart. They are tough as nails and keep ice for days in late summers here in South Texas.

David M

use your cabelas visa and stack on the points by purchasing in the store ; )
    I had one in my cart during employee discount days until I realized the price... I needed those funds for my Swarovs!!!

Will the Engel or Yeti fill up with water anytime it rains? I tend to leave them in the bed of my truck and that's what aggravates me about every Coleman or Igloo cooler I've ever owned.

I would recommend canyon coolers in this price range. We picked up a 220 quart for elk hunting. They are pricey but can hold ice/dry ice for a very long time. We use it for the food freezer in camp. Eight days into the hunt the food is still frozen solid. This was surprising considering the cooler was only 1/4 full. Also we put our extra ice in the cooler and it will refreeze it. The lid has a stainless piano hinge and solid latches. The seal on the lid is comparable to the ones on a chest freezer at home.

For roughly the same money, you might consider a portable 12 volt fridge. Of course, you need a vehicle, solar panels, or some other source of 12 v power. They work very well indeed and don't waste interior space on ice. Overland Journal did a nice review here . Yes, I know that sometimes we don't have access to 12 volt power. But, many times we do. From the Big Empty, ELN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyomingShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For roughly the same money, you might consider a portable 12 volt fridge. Of course, you need a vehicle, solar panels, or some other source of 12 v power. They work very well indeed and don't waste interior space on ice. Overland Journal did a nice review here . Yes, I know that sometimes we don't have access to 12 volt power. But, many times we do. From the Big Empty, ELN. </div></div>

One of my hunting buddies has an Engel 12v fridge/freezer and it is awesome. Only problem with it is its' weight. Definitely great for vehicle based cooling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300LW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the Engel or Yeti fill up with water anytime it rains? I tend to leave them in the bed of my truck and that's what aggravates me about every Coleman or Igloo cooler I've ever owned.
    </div></div>

Negative , sealed lids.

Have you heard of Brute Box Coolers the Best 5 day cooler, half the price of the Yeti or Engel.

I bought my coolers from a dealer in Houston

Texas Hunters Depot.com

713-455-4504

You get a discount if you pick up the brute box in person in Ft. Worth