• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM 7.62 Phantom Owners

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Anyone on here own this suppressor? Im in the waiting stages for mine to come in and wanted to see how you guys like yours. Also wondering on POI change and accuracy at 1000+. Its a 5/8 threaded model.

Re: YHM 7.62 Phantom Owners

I love mine. Makes shooting all day very pleasant. My POI shifts high about 1/2" at 100 yards. I haven't found any decrease in accuracy out to 600 yards.

Good to hear, have you shot with any other 308 guys with other brand suppressors to compare the sound reduction?

I run one on a Rem LTR. With 175s there is a 3 MOA shift at 100 yds. (I have to crank in 3 MOA of elevation. Windage is good to go.

My QD model only shifts .3 MOA to the left on my 06 AI. Will be checking the 308 soon.

Russ, do you notice any accuracy issues with the QD model? The guy I bought mine from said he uses both the thread on and QD on his 700 and noticed quite a bit of accuracy increase going from the QD to the threaded model.

He also said hes been using a YHM 5.56 on one of his AR's for something like 40,000 rounds with no problems whatsoever. It sold it for me that he has access to any suppressor brand available and he uses YHM exclusively.

I have 2 and working on my 3rd YHM phantom 7.62 you cant go wrong with the thread on or QD. All of mine are QD and I barely have to adjust my elevation at 100 windage im good.

I really dig their cans for the money. SWR also makes a badass can for the 308
The Omega 30. I love that can on my GAP Hospitaller

Well Im glad to hear everyone likes theirs, very good news. The cost was what first turned me onto them, and then I had heard very good things about them 2nd hand, now you guys confirm it first hand.

Cant wait to get mine (in July probly, dammit!)

only had the can on paper to 300 and it shoots 1.5 inch groups in the wind.... It'll do better than me.

I did put 3 shots inside of 10 inches at 1010 yards, but that was no test, just playing.

Mine seemed to tighten groups by about 30-50% on my primary rifle (QD setup) My POA/POI changed pretty significantly, probably because of a relatively long, light barrel (I'm guessing) but after after dialing it in and re-zeroing... it kicks ass!!!

I'm still playing around with the second .308, the .300WM and the 5.56mm (using the same Phantom Suppressor).

Overal, very happy that I got the YHM with QD!

I kindof wish I wouldve bought the QD model...but then again its only for one gun as of now so Ill live with threaded.

Mine shifted POI down 2".

Accuracy stayed the same and may have improved slightly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw Shit, USPS dropped off a present for someone today....

Sent you a PM.

Scott </div></div>

Yeah, it would be an even better present if I didnt have to wait till July to get it from you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw Shit, USPS dropped off a present for someone today....

Sent you a PM.

Scott </div></div>

Yeah, it would be an even better present if I didnt have to wait till July to get it from you! </div></div>

Might get lucky and have it by May/June.

Scott

When did you send your forms jonaddis84?

I'm waiting for my phantom 7.62 QD too.
smile.gif

Just sent them out today.

I didnt realize each Class 3 dealer has a designated examiner at the BATFE. And Scott informed me that his guy is usually very quick, so I could very well see it back in 6-8 weeks!

I sure hope so, but wont hold my breath just incase.

If the company I bought the can from sent out the form 3 the day I bought it (not sure if they did), the form 3 took 15 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sent them out today.

I didnt realize each Class 3 dealer has a designated examiner at the BATFE. And Scott informed me that his guy is usually very quick, so I could very well see it back in 6-8 weeks!

I sure hope so, but wont hold my breath just incase.

If the company I bought the can from sent out the form 3 the day I bought it (not sure if they did), the form 3 took 15 days. </div></div>

My examiner is Andrew Ashton, he rocks, problem is the slowdown appears to be the data entry people who handle the forms before they get to the examiner, but the form 3 for Jon's YHM was pretty quick, so hopefully they hired some more data entry people and they will be kicking ass on transfers again.

Scott

When I talked to him on the phone he said the form 3 just came back last friday, must take awhile to go back out. Yeah thats real quick then, only what 7 business days.

Remember approved doesn't mean thats the day it ends up in your hands. There is still the lag of them sending it to the mailroom to get sent out.

Oh, well I'm probably in better shape than you are then. My dealer already had my cans.

I sent my form 4's on feb 4th. Check was cashed within 2 weeks. Who knows when I'll actually get my stamps.

Some people are waiting 6 months... while others are getting them back in 6 weeks. Crazy time right now.

tighten against the barrel itself.

Instructions state a torque spec, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Sure wish they were as quick to approve the form 4 as they are to steal your money! I just mailed mine out last tuesday the 24th and they already cashed my check at the latest yesterday the 30th! May have been earlier because it showed up on my online banking yesterday.

They must have someone there that their sole job description is to open these envelopes, and as soon as they do take the check directly to the bank...or however it is the government cashes a check.

What would happen if you werent even approved? You would think they could wait until you are approved to cash the check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you send your forms jonaddis84?

smile.gif
</div></div>

I am also waiting on my YHM Phantom QD. Ordered and paid for the can in Feb of 09, no forms done yet, still waiting. I think my vendor enjoys seeing me writh with pain waiting for it.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you send your forms jonaddis84?

smile.gif
</div></div>

I am also waiting on my YHM Phantom QD. Ordered and paid for the can in Feb of 09, no forms done yet, still waiting. I think my vendor enjoys seeing me writh with pain waiting for it.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Im assuming you ordered it through your class 3 from YHM direct?

When I bought mine Scott said YHM was 5-6 weeks backed up on making them, plus 2 weeks for Form 3. That could be your problem. Luckily I found one in stock and only had to wait 10 days for the Form 3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you send your forms jonaddis84?

smile.gif
</div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

When I bought mine Scott said YHM was 5-6 weeks backed up on making them, plus 2 weeks for Form 3. That could be your problem. Luckily I found one in stock and only had to wait 10 days for the Form 3.

</div></div>

After you found one I had another guy looking at a .22 mite, called YHM and they said 10 to 12 weeks...yikes.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you send your forms jonaddis84?

smile.gif
</div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

</div></div>

I ordered it from my dealer, he said he would order it from YHM and it would be about 8 weeks. But when I called YHM, they said they were out of stock on the 7.62 QD. It would be 14 weeks on the suppressor and 8 weeks for ATF.

Still waiting patiently on that call.

Got to shoot my can yesterday and last night (Thanks Scott!).

Other manufacturers shooting were:
Thunderbeast
SRT Arms XL
Shark Tigershark

If you never picked up the cans you wouldve never been able to tell the difference between them. One guy watching actually commented to me that mine appeared to be the quietest and had the least muzzle flash of the bunch...although it should be noted that we were all shooting different loads and some were hotter than mine.

I am very happy with the YHM, I just cant wait to "possess" it now. Definitely need to order my TAB cover for it, mirage was killing me, especially during the night shoot.

My POI shifted 1.5" down, but accuracy was perfect.

I just wanted to say that I am officially part of the phantom club.. I found one in stock and bought it last tuesday. Just waiting on my form 3 for the transfer to scott and then will need to wait on my form 4 paperwork. I already have my trust and everything set up and form 4 downloaded and filled out ready to send to Scott.

And as an fyi.. I officially hate jonaddis84 for convincing me to get a can but happy that I will be part of the Class 3 club.