• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM 7.62 QD Flash hider

DBL LUNG

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Rapid City, SD
What's the deal with not being able to purchase QD's / flash hiders for the YHM Phantom series cans?
I haven't gotten a chance to speak to anybody about this yet, I have just read on a couple of sites about an ATF ruling.
Does anyone know the reason behind not being able to sell them?

This kinda sucks.
I just received my 7.62 Phantom and now I can't get any more QD's?
That was one of the major deciding factors on going with the QD instead of the standard thread on style.

Don't suppose anybody has a 5/8 x 24 7.62 QD they are willing to part with?

Re: YHM 7.62 QD Flash hider

I got one adapter with the can and I ordered one more at the same time. But I would like one more for my .260 which is already threaded 5/8 x 24.

They are having a lawsuit with the ATF over a ruling on pistons and muzzle breaks. they are not allowed to sell anything that is suppressor related until its resolved.

silencertalk.com has a lot of info on this topic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are having a lawsuit with the ATF over a ruling on pistons and muzzle breaks. they are not allowed to sell anything that is suppressor related until its resolved.

silencertalk.com has a lot of info on this topic </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.

I would like to see Primary Weapon Systems make a .30 caliber model of the FSC556 with the YHM, Gemtech, and AAC threads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suzuki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see Primary Weapon Systems make a .30 caliber model of the FSC556 with the YHM, Gemtech, and AAC threads. </div></div>

I agree.
I guess you could just have a smith ream out the FSC to allow a 30 cal bullet to pass through it.
But I don't think they make them in 5/8-24.
1/2-28 only I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBL LUNG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suzuki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see Primary Weapon Systems make a .30 caliber model of the FSC556 with the YHM, Gemtech, and AAC threads. </div></div>

I agree.
I guess you could just have a smith ream out the FSC to allow a 30 cal bullet to pass through it.
But I don't think they make them in 5/8-24.
1/2-28 only I believe.
</div></div>
Im prebably going to be selling my P.W.S. break off of my dpms here soon if either of ya are interested. Works well just not for me.
Heres a pic slight marks from mounting, less than 20rnds through it:
308ap4break.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I need the FSC with the YHM threads for a Phantom 7.62 can.
The only reason I was looking at the FSC was to attach my can since YHM is not able to sell their flash hiders/QD's at this time.

Just for anyone else looking, YHM has the QD flash hiders back for sale.
I just picked up one more directly from YHM.