• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

YHM AR

dpairborneranger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
KY
I was wondering if anyone had a YHM AR and if they were happy with it? Buddy of mine is selling one and was curious about it. I've never really heard much about their AR's just cans from them.

Re: YHM AR

i had one for a while.

they're nice guns. i can't say they're any better than any bushmaster, stag, or DPMS i've shot but they're just as good.

Don't own an AR, but do own several of their AR accessories and they make great stuff. I'd guess an AR made by YHM would be first-rate.

I have a friend with a couple of them and like slothlacrosse said they are no better and no worse than anything else out there. They do have YHM's hand guards on them so I guess they would be a upgrade from the standard hand guards.

Yeah I've built two a 16'' and a 20'' both YHM parts and I love them both. the 20'' is shooting .75'' with ball all day long and my best groups with it are .335 and .375'' handloads of course, but they wouldn't be in business if they weren't putting out quality parts.
wink.gif

i've got a YHM sbr... never had any issues, great lil rifle, IMHO just as good as dpms, rra, etc...

For a hobby gun, sure. For duty or serius social use, go w/ a higher end rifle. Colt, BCM, Noveske and the like.

Not to bad. I have buld several useing there stuff. Not a big fan of there rails.