• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM M2 Cobra - uggghhh

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Well another sob story. So after waiting 16+ weeks on receiving my YHM M2 Cobra 45cal suppressor I finally got to pick it up on Monday morning 3/02/2009). I was excited but also worried when I read the side of the box saying it was M16x1 LH threads on the piston device. So I called the guy that transfered it to our local C3 guy here and he told me we could send the barrel of the pistol and the can in to YHM and they could get me the correct piece. Ummmm or not, I called Sig and got the thread pattern (after being on hold for 42min) and called YHM. I told them exactly what I needed and that I needed it fast, I also expressed I didnt care what shipping would be as long as this piece got to me BEFORE I had to leave on my trip to visit family on the other side of KY. They are all big into firearms and I wanted to take some toys to show them off. But when I called for the tracking number, the guy at YHM told me they had forgot to put it in the outgoing section on Tuesday, its original ship date, and they would get it out today. THATS BULLSHIT. I paid for a UPS service for a reason and sit at home today waiting for UPS to drive up, which they wouldnt have regardless, but they cant even call and tell me it didnt make it on the damn truck?

Thats lazy right there folks. I have 4 YHM cans and another on the way. But when a company assures me up and down my parts are coming for my can and they dont show up, without a call, it really ticks me off. Now Im not saying YHM is a bad company. Im stating that their "shipping department" needs to step up the participation and attention levels. My suppressor was sent to my dealer with the incorrect threads and I have to sit around staring at my can, and not shooting it.

Sorry to rant guys, just wanted to vent and let people know that if you order parts from them. Get a confirmation on shipping and a tracking number as soon as you place the order! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Re: YHM M2 Cobra - uggghhh

I just had a similar incident with YHM. 1st assumption from the guy on the other end of the phone was "you're an idiot that doesn't know how to measure barrel length, we sent the right one"

I continue to wait for the correct one.

been there done that and got a t-shirt.not with them but other mfg's for different stuff. if i have to have something absolutly next day,etc i have found it imperitive to always callback,email etc a little later in the day so i and my client arent dissapointed.to many noncaring wetards between who takes the order and who ships it. they should ship it to you for free as it is THIER f/up. i feel your pain/frustration: IT SUCKS!

ya but how large can their shipping department be? Its probably some guy sitting on his ass, taping up boxes and printing labels. They didnt even offer free shipping after the F up. Frustrates me to know that we spend our hard earned money on their products and they cant even get stuff shipped out? sad to see how much they value their customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just another reason not to own a Yankee can. </div></div>

I bought and paid for my can in Feb...still waiting, not one call.

So in this business, who IS good?

Not defending YHM because I would not particularly buy anything from them, but I am sure they are hammered in the shipping dept. They I believe are selling AR's now and sell lots of AR parts, and cans, and demand for all that is huge. The situation does suck, but I can sort of understand why it happened. They should have taken care of ya better than that though.

Well I got the part I needed today. Put about 5 rounds thru the can and now Im off to work
frown.gif
It definately is one of the more quiet cans I have heard on a 45 but the shitty ammo I had was making it jam, or not feed the next round, I even got a stove pipe!! is it true you have to use +p ammo?

I love my M2 Cobra. I shoot lead out of my 45 since the can comes apart.

Glad you finally got it resolved.

Suppressed 45's kick arse!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got the part I needed today. Put about 5 rounds thru the can and now Im off to work
frown.gif
It definately is one of the more quiet cans I have heard on a 45 but the shitty ammo I had was making it jam, or not feed the next round, I even got a stove pipe!! is it true you have to use +p ammo? </div></div>

I've not run into the +p issue. I have a lightened recoil spring and shoot lite handloads through mine with no problems.

Give it 100 rounds or so for the Neilson device to get working correctly. The timing is different when the can is on there.

What platform are you running it on? I'm running a SA 1911.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just another reason not to own a Yankee can. </div></div>

I bought and paid for my can in Feb...still waiting, not one call.

So in this business, who IS good? </div></div>
YHM is a very good company... i've got about 10 YHM cans and never had ONE problem with the service or the product... not saying there isn't a screw up here and there, especially with booming suppressor industry...

YHM is a great suppressor company! Between me and my buddies we probably have about 25 suppressors from them.