• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM Phantom 7.62 ???

DBL LUNG

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Rapid City, SD
My brother is looking at purchasing a YHM Phantom 7.62 to use on both his DPMS AP4 and Savage 10FCP .308

He wants to know if the standard thread-on suppressor and the QD suppressor are the same actual can. He will need to get the 5/8"x24 suppressor for his Savage, and a 1/2"x28 QD mount for his AP4 to accept the 5/8"x24. But does he need a "QD" can? Or will the normal threaded suppressor still thread on a Quick Disconnect?

Thanks guys, Josh

Re: YHM Phantom 7.62 ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He would need the QD can

They are totally different. </div></div>

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

He could get a thread on can....thread it onto the Savage no issues, then get the adapter to reduce the threads for the 223. Then it just threads on to both.

I'm sure QD will work as well, but then he'll have to put a flash hider on his 308 won't he?

Yes, they both will need the flash hider, that is what the QD threads are on.

Option A:

Get a thread on silencer threaded 5/8x24 and run an adapter that upsizes the 1/2x28 (on the AP4) to 5/8x24... the problem with this is you will have to, not only watch that the silencer doesn't come unthreaded from the adapter (you have to watch all thread on silencers and make sure thaey don't come un threaded) you also have to watch that the adapter doen't come unthreaded from the gun (using Rocksett helps)... This can prove to be trying, most of use like to shoot and move (run and gun) with our AR15's so watching not one but two sets of threads can suck...

Option B:

Buy a QD silencer that offers both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 mounts. Then just move the silencer between both guns.

Now the high quality silencers have nicer QD mounts (762-SD)

Thanks for the help guys.

I actually just placed my order today for a Phantom 7.62 QD.
I picked up three 5/8" mounts to be installed on my .308, .260, and .22-250.

My brother is going to get the same with two mounts. The 5/8" for his .308 and the 1/2" for his AP4.

Now the wait begins.