• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

YHM Resonator or Turbo T2

sisyphus

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2021
Red Oak, IA
about to order my first suppressor and wanted some feedback. I was set on the YHM Turbo T2 to share between an 11" PWS pistol and a CZ Bren 2ms carbine. The Turbo T2 looks impossible to beat at its price and I'm good to go there.

However I wondered if I should get a Resonator instead, allowing me to also use it on my JP 308 and my AK.

Quieting the 223s is my first priority, but it also wouldn't suck being able to suppress my DMR and my AK.

Appreciate any feedback you have on this subject, thank you

Get the Resonator in 30 cal. It was my first can, and pulls double duty on my ARs and 308. It’s very very good for the price, and you will not be wrong getting it.

For a few dollars more though, Rugged makes the Razor 7.62 that may be my next can. I’m highly impressed with not only their warranty, but General CS, which is what sold me on getting their Obsidian 45.

Reactions: sisyphus
Everyone will have a different opinion but my take on your situation is very similar to mine when I bought my 1st can. I went with a 30 cal can and used reducer bushings on the 223's. Is a dedicated 223 can quieter? Yes, I'm sure it is BUT it's still damn quiet especially on a bolt gun. I've never regretted it and my 2nd 1 is also a 30 cal.

I went 30 cal on my first and don't have any regrets. Back pressure will be higher on the 223 can and everyone will tell you that 223 doesn't suppress great anyway (more noise from crack than boom
to start).

Suppressors seem to multiply after you get one. I personally plan on not sharing suppressors between guns and will buy a dedicated suppressor for each gun. 223s get 223 cans

for a cheap as the turbos are sure doesn’t hurt to have more than one

turbo K oddly. Because it’s 556, you get the performance of the resonator but much shorter.

I use Q mounting systems on them as the adapter costs a bit but the muzzle devices are cheapish. I use these for precision rigs though.

A direct thread is available that cuts weight a bit if you are going dedicated.

I would for sure get a .30 cal can first so you can use it on all your guns. I have a T2 and compare it against a Griffin Recce7. The T2 is a lot shorter and lighter and definitely feels that way on the end of a gun. The Recce7 is better at suppressing .223, and works on everything up to .30cal. I switched the YHM over to the Griffin taper mount and I like that setup. The YHM looks like a good system but I wanted the same mount on everything and the YHM is unnecessarily long.

For sure though get a can that suppresses everything you have first. I'd do a .30 cal, then a .22 rimfire, then a .223 centerfire can in that order.

For sure though get a can that suppresses everything you have first. I'd do a .30 cal, then a .22 rimfire, then a .223 centerfire can in that order.
This for sure. I have a YHM R2 that I purchased along with a .22 can and received late last year. I've been extremely happy with it, and now have a YHM R9, Turbo T2, and Rugged Obsidian .45 on the way! If only processing times hadn't slowed to a crawl.

I would for sure get a .30 cal can first so you can use it on all your guns. I have a T2 and compare it against a Griffin Recce7. The T2 is a lot shorter and lighter and definitely feels that way on the end of a gun. The Recce7 is better at suppressing .223, and works on everything up to .30cal. I switched the YHM over to the Griffin taper mount and I like that setup. The YHM looks like a good system but I wanted the same mount on everything and the YHM is unnecessarily long.

Just go ahead and buy all three at one time. You're going to end up with all three anyway and you will regret the time you wasted hemming and hawing over the tedious details. 30 cal suppressors on 22 cal bolt guns feels fine but 30 cal suppressors on 22 cal semi auto's (like AR's) feel like a boat anchor.

Just go ahead and buy all three at one time. You're going to end up with all three anyway and you will regret the time you wasted hemming and hawing over the tedious details. 30 cal suppressors on 22 cal bolt guns feels fine but 30 cal suppressors on 22 cal semi auto's (like AR's) feel like a boat anchor.
Someone gave me that advice and I took and and they were right. All three immediately have their place.

You'll need to find about 10,000 rounds of .22LR by the time your rimfire suppressor comes in though, you're going to use it all.