• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM Turbo?

HTX_17

Lurker Extraordinaire
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Houston
Anyone have real world experience with these on a semi-auto? I’m not expecting unbelievable performance, but for the price point to put on an SBR host it seems tempting.

Great can! I have a friend who owns one and he loves it. I've been around when he's using it and have used it myself. It's quiet and I don't remember it being that heavy.

What type of "performance" are you looking at? Accuracy? noise level?

I've got a couple of other YHM cans and I've been very pleased with them. You should be happy with it. You might look at their new Turbo K that they just introduced at SHOT Show too.

Reactions: jda2631
Great can! I have a friend who owns one and he loves it. I've been around when he's using it and have used it myself. It's quiet and I don't remember it being that heavy.

What type of "performance" are you looking at? Accuracy? noise level?

I've got a couple of other YHM cans and I've been very pleased with them. You should be happy with it. You might look at their new Turbo K that they just introduced at SHOT Show too.

Mainly noise level. My intent is for this can to go on an SBR host-so whatever can make a 10.5 inch .223 a little quieter I’m interested

I don't have a turbo, yet, but have other YHM cans (Nitro, ULT, Resonator) they are great cans. I love their QD mounting system, I think its one of the best out there. I would buy with confidence, a 10.5" 223 is very loud, I don't know if the turbo would get it under 140 db or not, but at worst it will be much much more enjoyable to shoot.

Adding on to the general YHM comments I have been happy with mine. Wish I bought the Phantom first and I would have avoided other suppressor mistakes. I too think the QD mount is clever and solid unlike others that come loose and you skip bullets off the end cap. My next can will be YHM.

The Turbo meters VERY well for its price point. Not sure what the blast baffle is made from (stainless would be my guess for the price that it is), but if you’re putting it on an 10.5” barrel I would seriously consider something with inconel as the pressure and temps will quickly wear out a can not designed to handle that.

The Turbo meters VERY well for its price point. Not sure what the blast baffle is made from (stainless would be my guess for the price that it is), but if you’re putting it on an 10.5” barrel I would seriously consider something with inconel as the pressure and temps will quickly wear out a can not designed to handle that.

Says clearly in the description on manufacturers website: "The new Turbo™ utilizes a tubeless design made from heat treated 17-4 stainless steel along with a heat treated 718 Inconel blast baffle."

Yankee Hill Machine Turbo

I've read nothing but positive reviews of it. If you have the $500ish to cover the can and tax, I say go for it.

Anyone have real world experience with these on a semi-auto? I’m not expecting unbelievable performance, but for the price point to put on an SBR host it seems tempting.
Not on a semi. I use mine on a steyr aug full auto. I am very happy with it. After about 100 rounds it got quieter. I shot it side by side with an omega. One in each hand. The omega was on a 16" aug and the turbo was on a 13.77" aug. It was in an indoor range with hearing protection on. The tone sounded the same. I'm looking for another can. I want something different but I am probably going to get another turbo

Mainly noise level. My intent is for this can to go on an SBR host-so whatever can make a 10.5 inch .223 a little quieter I’m interested
@HTX_17, did you end up going the YHM turbo route? I'm been eyeing this same can for a 10.5 pistol myself.