• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing You arnt a bear hunter unless you use a 25 ACP Pis

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before wandering into his coop, the bear had already hassled a neighbor who had small children at the house, said Drummond, who picked up a garden hose. He set it on "jet" and sprayed.

"I was squirting it in the head and the face, and it just looked at me," he said.

Drummond said he fired his tiny .25-caliber handgun four times into the ground to scare the animal away. The bear then moved toward his neighbor, Drummond said.

"It kind of made an advance towards him. So he gave it a couple shots with the .45," he said.

Dying, the bear crossed the road where Drummond said he killed it with two more gun shots from the .25.</div></div>

This was after the blacky ate his prize chicken.

I guess bear encounters are in the rise in Anchorage. Another story in the same article:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a black bear reportedly walked up to four girls at a playground in the Moose Crossing military housing between Elmendorf Air Force Base and Fort Richardson, said Elmendorf Deputy Public Affairs Officer Stephen Lee.

"Three of them, I'm told, hit the ground, to kind of just play dead," Lee said.

The fourth girl stood and talked to the bear, "Trying to make herself as big as possible to scare the bear away," he said.

The bear, which looked to be about 3 years old, approached one of the girls who was laying down and "mouthed" her leg, Lee said.

The girl screamed and the bear split, running for the woods.</div></div>

http://www.adn.com/2010/06/05/130970...-frequent.html

Re: You arnt a bear hunter unless you use a 25 ACP Pis

every summer in Alaska when I was stationed there these bear stories are in the paper. I had a friend during an orienteering competition got between a bear and her two cubs and before he knew it he got smacked in the back of the head by the bear and she chewed on his back a tad. He was lucky he was wearing a helmet but did end up in the hospital for a week.

very common i also hear they are haveing the same kind of issues with wolds

When I lived up there we pick up the secratery on the way to the base. She lived in the boonies. She was always complaining about the neighbors dogs getting into her trash. Picked her up one morning and we hear her yelling out back. We go around the house and find her throwing cans of dog food at two young bears and telling them to go home and stay in their yard. Don't know where Mama bear was.