• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You can tell a German FIL....

isofahunter

Get Tough or Die!
Minuteman
  • Jun 11, 2010
    Hill Country of Texas
    You just cannot tell him much.
    20210619_141649.jpg

No you should not drive the tractor, let me do it, too hot, you're too old.....
    FIL response: It is my tractor and I am going to drive it. OK I am just your dumb ass SIL

Well he survived with a couple of gashes but no serious damage. Glad we had the Oh Shit Plan in Place and everyone did exactly what they were supposed to and everyone went home in one piece.

For Father's Day I banned My FIL from the tractor.

You just cannot tell him much.View attachment 7650917
    No you should not drive the tractor, let me do it, too hot, you're too old.....
    FIL response: It is my tractor and I am going to drive it. OK I am just your dumb ass SIL

Well he survived with a couple of gashes but no serious damage. Glad we had the Oh Shit Plan in Place and everyone did exactly what they were supposed to and everyone went home in one piece.

For Father's Day I banned My FIL from the tractor.
    Glad he is okay I have a 81 German FIL, I know your pain

Reactions: isofahunter
    Altdeutsche sind stur. Bitten Sie Ihre Frau, ihren zu helfen, ihn in den Recycling-Mull zu werfen, wen er seinen Darm nicht mehr, kontrollieren kan, oder machen Sie gutes bier.

I may just be a dumb German farm boy, but I can’t see how he pulled that off… Glad he’s ok

Reactions: Texasflyer
    I'm going to guess going fast and accidentally ran it up on that sloped rock

Growing up with a bunch of German (and Scandinavian Farmers), none of them made it to retirement with all their fingers.

My own Father (not a farmer, but very German) is the same way--he just keeps going. We try and trick him into the easier jobs, but he still tries. He Organized my pantry while visiting on vacation.

Old German who owned our property before us did the same thing with his FORD tractor
    only it did not have ROPS so he sustained a bit of damage.

Sold that old Ford tractor and its still running to this day.

Update, back on wheels and it runs after full fluid check. Now to get rocks out from between the rim and tire and will be operating again without the German driving it. I officially ban him today from ever getting on it again period, after he said well I won't drive it up hill any more. You can tell a German, just cannot tell him much even after escaping death.

The Germans are not all sunshine and rainbows.