• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You can't make this s*%+ up. Dumbasses go home!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So a 'neighbor' over towards the river (about 2 miles away) apparently decided to put in a skating rink at his rental house. Yes Rental House. He rented it in march to get away from New Yawk. He'es from downtown Manhattan. So has all the handyman skills and common sense of a sock monkey. My apologies to sock monkeys.

Beginning this past weekend, he builds this plastic lined 'rink' and puts sort of a dam around it. Weak thing. Made of snow and some pieces of plastic. I think the kind of stuff you edge flower beds with. Not staked every few feet (how could he do that... ground's been frozen for three weeks even if we have very little snow and constant thaws. But, hey... water doesn't weigh much, right? How much reinforcement could you need for a few inches of water. It'll freeze right away anyway, won't it? Well not if you read the extended forecast. It's currently 40... and will be 50 and raining christmas day here. Not exactly a polar expedition weather week. Last I checked, water freezes at 32. Look it up. It's on Wikipedia.

He actually asked my buddy (nis next door neighbor) if he could pay him and his son to dig it out and get it ready for him. They laughed at him and said pound sand.

Anyhoo, this muppet builds a weak-little dam in the shape of his soon-to-be-epic hockey rink... and lined it all with plastic sheeting. Built on newly-frozen ground. In weather that is days away from a big December thaw. Then, because apparently his 400-channel satellite dish doesn't get "The Weather Channel"... he spent $1,000 having a truck bring him in 10,000 gallons of water. Two tanker truckloads. This morning. Which the local trucker guy was no doubt happy to do. Water sales are usually low in December in Vermont. I imagine our local water trucker was laughing his ass off. But don't question these sock puppets from Manhattan. They probably went to Harvard Business School. They know better.

So about 2 hours ago... buddy calls in stitches. He had just got home from visiting Schloss Nitrocellulose (which is how I heard the story.) His neighbor is standing next to the little dam screaming for help because the dam is collapsing. My buddy gets out of the car and takes about 5 steps towards the guy's house and bam... 10,000 gallons of water bursts out and starts downhill towards the guy's (rental) house. Woosh. Did I mention he built this little ersatz pond UP THE HILL from his house, in a well-thought-out-plan? Fortunately, the water diverted and ran off before flooding the house. And "Raggedy Andy" who has the brains of a ficus tree... but probably manages your retirement hedge-fund-account is left standing soaking wet, his yard covered in plastic debris and washout... and $1,000 poorer. My buddy is dying laughing... was on the phone having trouble breathing while telling the story...

I am waiting for pictures now... ROTFL... dumbasses. The moral of the story is that if you are a brainless twat-waffle from Manhattan and you can't put in a lightbulb without calling the building 'super... Just go home. You don't belong here. Go play Urban Cowboy and wear Plaid to the Starbucks. Pretend you are a Lumberjack in Greenwich Village where that sort of thing is encouraged. Don't pollute our little slice of heaven with your presence. We only tolerate you because we can ridicule you mercilessly. Just go back to Manhattan and hope you get COVID and die. Because that is a death more merciful than what living in the country will do to these moonbats if they stick around. Darwin works. It works better if you have the brains of a Cabbage Patch Doll...

ROTFLMAO

Sirhr

I bet he's a rabid environmentalist and not being a local, probably doesn't know who he should call...

Report Emergency Environmental Violations:

802-828-1254: During business hours: weekdays 7:45am - 4:30pm
For After-Hours Emergencies: Outside of business hours (emergency only):
1-800-641-5005 (24-hour State Police Dispatch)
or 1-800-347-0488 (Emergency Management)
If you need to report a life threatening environmental situation, call 911.
Non-emergency violations: See our "Reporting an Environmental Violation" web page

Damn 1000 for 10000 gallons? And I was crying about 120 for 4000 gallons of potable water in Socal where we have no water. Uh you guys short on water up there or did it have to be delivered from a 1000 miles away?

Play dipshit out for all the coin possible.
Once discouraged he may go back to where all the smart people are from.

We had a version of this every decent snow fall.
Pulled all of the idiots out traveling to and from St L to Chicago.
Damned shame they outlawed the locals doing this.

R

Reactions: hollowoutadime
My friend makes the “plastic ice” for places that don’t freeze..a lot easier

HOLY SHIT...

anim_lol.gif

You earn a THREAD BUMP...

$ on that he is some kind of spectrum bound, Civil Engineer fucktard.
Or:
"I started out as a civil engineer, but became a sales executive"
Or:
"My brother is a civil engineer"

Hoping you don't live downstream from this clownshoe wearing cockwomble.

• Haha
Reactions: Alphatreedog
It’s dopey I know, but we just use a pond in the timber. It gets chilly, it freezes, and it warms up to 8 degrees F so it can snow on it. Dad brings out a walk behind blower to clear said ice so the kids can skate. Any who, that works for us in Hooterville.
B877A320-8B1B-44A2-8320-07CD669D6930.jpeg

Oh and... he is trying again....

I am thinking that the night before the water arrives, it would be fun to put about 50 lbs of rock salt on his plastic sheeting. You know... to help.

This time, we'll get video!

Sirhr

You could probably sell this guy some "Ice 9" and he'd buy it! Hey, third time's the charm they say.

He probably doesn't grasp that the rink at Rockefeller plaza is refrigerated.
Fun fact: Prior to the advent of the refrigeration technology used to make artificial-ice skating rinks (both indoors and out), the earliest artificial rinks used a mixture of pig lard and salts to create "ice". Which of course smelled absolutely disgusting after a while.

Digging up the property at a rental house. Wow!
I think I would roll up at about 11 PM and tell him he has until midnight to vacate.

Pics, videos, drone footage... All of it!

Doesn't take long for even the moving water to freeze around here in Minnesota. Kids were out a couple weeks ago playing hockey after shoveling off the stream. The hockey rink runs a good length of the stream. Funniest game if hockey ever.
IMG_20201218_115917_1.jpg

Doesn't take long for even the moving water to freeze around here in Minnesota. Kids were out a couple weeks ago playing hockey after shoveling off the stream. The hockey rink runs a good length of the stream. Funniest game if hockey ever.View attachment 7509947
Right. My next door neighbor just went out a couple days ago with a couple buckets of water and a shovel to smoothen up the open ice on the swamp behind our houses. They have a kid who's plays college hockey so I assume it will be for tooling around for fun while play is paused for Christmas.

Doesn't take long for even the moving water to freeze around here in Minnesota. Kids were out a couple weeks ago playing hockey after shoveling off the stream. The hockey rink runs a good length of the stream. Funniest game if hockey ever.View attachment 7509947
Kinda redefines "face-off in the corner" right next to the Penalty Stump!

Bingo! Pond hockey is good, clean fun. Gets them outside in fresh air.