• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes You decide, help me vanquish this cylindrical demon...

Apache

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2008
Chico, CA
I come before the SnipersHide community with an option, nay, an opportunity.

I have a scope that is in need of destruction. It ceases to track, hold focus, and the parallax is useless. Imagine if you will, a lumpy paperweight, but in its current state, it’s not even well-suited to accomplish that roll…I know, I’ve tried. This waste of metal and glass needs to be vanquished from this earth; never able to adorn the rifle of another poor individual with its contemptuous nature.

In my inexperience, this seemed like the perfect fit for a nicely-built, budget optic. A fixed power 10x with mil/mil turrets, a function reticle, AND a lifetime warranty? Amazing. Problem is, the manufacturer had some QC issues, rather…hundreds of QC issues, and went belly up leaving numerous owners with a certain other phallic symbol in the breeze. That stunning lifetime warranty, now worthless.

Some might tell me to go and “kick sand” which, if given enough vote’s is exactly what I’ll do with this scope, but I figured there are far more creative minds on here.
Tannerite? Not a problem. Hathcock-ian bullet strike through the scope? I’ll do my best. Tossed off a tall mountain? Hey you know what they say about gravity…

HD videos will, of course, be taken.

So SH, you decide the fate of this stain on the optics market, what have you always wanted to see an optic go through?

For any inquiring minds, this is simply due to my boredom of having this optic sitting on my desk while I save up for a new one.

Look at it....mocking me....

...Judging me, making me doubt myself instead of admitting it's own incompetence.

While this has all been in jest, I'm just tired of seeing this sitting on my desk and my rifle being down. Throw out your ideas, how should this take the final plunge?

counter-sniper? I wouldn't be surprised :)

Find the past owner of the company and chuck it on his front porch with a love letter explaining how awesome his product was... so awesome you felt he should have it back.

Lesson learned here... don't buy junk. And if you do, buy from companies that have been around for awhile (Tasco or the like).

If its tortured you, then torture it. Take it apart, one piece at a time. Make sure it can see the part you are removing. Make it cower and yell make it stop. Show no mercy, threaten its kin, tell it that it is worthless and not worthy of this world. Tell it that you can make it stop at anytime, but keep proceeding. Place each piece as its removed in a glass dish of sulphuric acid. (In a well ventilated area of course..) until it is no more. Take the glass and simply crush with a weight into dust. It was just a thing..

My wife is an author currently researching murder eqch night for a novel she is writing, and the crap she finds.. LOL

You should mention the brand.

How about give it to a five year old to use as a spyglass?

Come on guys, I have some self-respect as a long range shooter. In my darkest of days, I'd never mount and attempt to use a counter sniper. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

It's a Wotac Gen 3 10x40 mil/mil. Started out working fine, tracked well, and had average glass for the 600 yard mark. Around the 1 year mark is when things started getting shifty and coming apart. The front bell housing started coming loose. The parallax shifted, turrets started not tracking, the rest is history.

Back in 2009-ish, they were getting rave reviews on the Hide. Even SWFA started carrying them for a while if that's any consolation. I needed a ~$300 optic and it seemed to fit the bill, especially given his warranty, I thought it was a decent buy.

The former maker stopped even receiving return packages I'm assuming due to the constant failures of his product, then soon-after went belly up and stopped returning calls or messages.

You live, you learn.

BravoSierra, thanks for the laugh.

and Diverdon, unless the kid has early onset cataracts, I doubt he or she'd be able to see anything using it.

- Mount it on a TR.net rifle
- Dig a shallow pit and put rubber tires as well as closed containers of diesel fuel in it
- Put a pallet of tannerite on top of the tires
- Put TR.net rifle on top of a pallet of tannerite
- Douse everything in gallons of pigs fat
- Hang a rope with a Garden Gnome holding a container of tannerite a few feet above all of this
- Shoot at the Garden Gnome for fuel/air, thermobaric fun

Attachments

• like-blowing-shit-up_design.png
    like-blowing-shit-up_design.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
+1 for filling it with tannerite. But throw it out at about 1500 yards, have a barbeque with all your shooting partners, and have everyone kick in 100 bucks to start a pool for the first person to hit it.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Apache, funny stuff, I am surprisingly amused by your prose... "contemptuous nature" and "early onset cataracts"... hilarious stuff...

But, I must say that where you have made the most grievous of errors was taking advise from SH reviews...

Despite this fallacy, and although you have recieved a few wise and creative suggestions for resolution of your predicament, I would propose the final resting place for such a malevolent object is fully lodged within the Wotac CEO's anal cavity...

Put it up for sale on Ebay.

It should fit in there very nicely.

I would drive my truck over it and see what happens.

If you are going to shoot it right through the lens, might I suggest using AP bullets. That is what mythbusters used to get a bullet completely through.

re-porpoise it, fillit with jello and callit a fleshlight. then mount that on the lower rail of yer stik for tactical sexing during lulls in the fight. real O.A.F. stuff. hope i aint breachin no opsec with me lessons.

re-porpoise it, fillit with jello and callit a fleshlight. then mount that on the lower rail of yer stik for tactical sexing during lulls in the fight. real O.A.F. stuff. hope i aint breachin no opsec with me lessons.

forget my solution this is the way to go... Total operator status....

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

So here's where I'm sitting.

General consensus is to forcibly place this awkward hunk of metal up an orifice of the manufacturer. Unfortunately, I don't have the funding to allow for this, nay do I think the proprietor has the intestinal fortitude to safely continue to hold this in his rectum for a prolonged period of time. Therefore that option is out.

So here will be my course of action:

1. Drive out to a nice spot of land.
2. Placing the scope directly in front of me, attempt a Hathcock improvised shot with a 175gr SMK. (I personally don't have access to AP rounds, would anyone like to submit some...for science!).
3. Place scope perpendicular to my position, fire a round into the mechanical structures to permanently disable the turrets, or set them on correct axis, possibly fixing it; I'm not really sure what will happen here, more of a trial and error thing.
4. Place tannerite in or around scope.
5. "There are no problems which cannot be solved by judicious use of high explosives."
6. Problem probably still exists. Apply more tannerite.
7. Walk over and attempt pressure check by personally applying pre-made sterile mixture, conveniently stored in my own personal internal reservoir. Check for leaks.
8. Once determining that is beyond hope, I'll do the eco-friendly "Go Green" approach and return materials and minerals to mother earth. Through crushing it. With a truck.

If anyone wants to volunteer a scope to mount on my rifle in the mean-time, or anything else they'd like to see happen to it, feel free to contact me directly!

Last edited:
I have an AP round I'll donate. You must show photographic proof of aftermath though. I want to see a shot through the lenses.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that will not be meticulously recorded and photographed, both before and after.