• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You heard it first here..well, second anyway....Charges dropped against Baldwin...www.Maggotnews.com

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Alec Baldwin will not be criminally charged for Halyna Hutchins's death on Rust set after all.

Alec Baldwin will not be criminally charged for Halyna Hutchins's death on Rust set after all. (Photo: Invision/AP)
    Criminal charges against Alec Baldwin will be dropped in the Rust case, Yahoo Entertainment has confirmed. The actor faced two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. As of now, the film's weapons handler, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, still has charges standing against her; however, her lawyers expect she will also be "exonerated."

"We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident," the actor's attorneys, Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro, tell Yahoo.

The move comes one month after special prosecutor Andrea Reeb stepped down from the case. Baldwin's lawyers argued her appointment was unconstitutional due to her status as a Republican lawmaker in the New Mexico House of Representatives. Newly appointed special prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis are expected to dismiss Baldwin's charges without prejudice. That means he could be charged in the future as they continue their investigation; however, that appears unlikely.

Gutierrez-Reed's attorneys praised the new special prosecutors.

"The new special prosecutor team has taken a very diligent and thorough approach to the entire investigation, which we welcome and have always welcomed," Jason Bowles and Todd Bullion tell Yahoo in a statement. "They are seeking the truth and we are also. The truth about what happened will come out and the questions that we have long sought answers for will be answered. We fully expect at the end of this process that Hannah will also be exonerated."

Yahoo reached out to the Santa Fe district attorney's office for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.

Earlier this year, Baldwin pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. If found guilty, he faced up to 18 months in prison. However, the case faced issues from the beginning.

When it was first announced Baldwin would be criminally charged, he faced five years in prison if convicted on the most serious count of involuntary manslaughter. That was because prosecutors included a five-year mandatory firearm enhancement; however, the law did not exist at the time of the Rust shooting on Oct. 21, 2021. The downgraded charge was a big win for the Emmy-winning actor.

"In order to avoid further litigious distractions by Mr. Baldwin and his attorneys, the District Attorney and the special prosecutor have removed the firearm enhancement to the involuntary manslaughter charges in the death of Halyna Hutchins on the Rust film set," Heather Brewer, a spokeswoman for the New Mexico First District Attorney, told Yahoo Entertainment of that earlier decision. "The prosecution's priority is securing justice, not securing billable hours for big-city attorneys."

When Reeb stepped down, it appeared to be another blow to the prosecution in terms of public perception.

"After much reflection, I have made the difficult decision to step down as special prosecutor in the Rust case. My priority in this case — and in every case I've prosecuted in my 25-year career — has been justice for the victim," the office of New Mexico's First Judicial District Attorney said in a statement. "However, it has become clear that the best way I can ensure justice is served in this case is to step down so that the prosecution can focus on the evidence and the facts, which clearly show a complete disregard for basic safety protocols led to the death of Halyna Hutchins. I will not allow questions about my serving as a legislator and prosecutor to cloud the real issue at hand."

Baldwin was rehearsing with the gun that went off and killed Hutchins. He's maintained that he did not pull the trigger. Production on Rust, with Baldwin at the helm, has resumed with the support of Hutchins's widow.

Any of us would receive the strongest penalty in New Mexico law permits. Money buys everything but a clear conscience these days. I suppose Baldwin would need a conscience to begin with.

Reactions: geek65
    Didn't expect any less in our two tiered justice sytem. What a joke. He can't be guilty he never had his booger picker on the trigger........right. I guess if you let go of the steering wheel while running over pedestrians then it is somebody ele's fault.

LOL..... No Charges .. Let me guess ??? .. Must be escaping legal accountability by, 'act of God' ? , Consequences can not assigned because, the Death was impossible for someone to anticipate or provide against .
    Loading the Chamber must have been by, ( FILL IN BLANK ) . No Human loaded a Live Round into a properly functioning Firearm, pointed it at someones Head, and pulled the trigger .

Sorry. Had to resort to my best scientific tool to predict how this was gonna turn out.....
    H059549489935428d810bd16d9242d47e1.jpg

Baldwin got out of it because he hates Trump. They are trying to reward TDS. :LOL:

I am sure Trump did it, new grand jury and indictment coming soon.

Not surprised. Time and money, problems disappear. I work in the system and see how bad it is everyday. There is a reason why there are so many lawyer jokes.

A friend in Livingston, MT ran into Baldwin this morning in town.

it seems that Baldwin is intending to continue filming his movie between Livingston and Gardiner; in/around Chico, MT.

Friend reported he didn’t see Baldwin packing heat…

it seems that Baldwin is intending to continue filming his movie between Livingston and Gardiner; in/around Chico, MT.

FAB

Wouldnt it be cool it somebody 'accidentally' dropped him.

Or he steps out of his million dollar RV to take a piss and a griz got him.

So, the town was safe, for the day.

If he finishes the movie, I wonder how the public will recieve it. Of course all his Hollywood fans will kiss his ass and tell him how brave he is. I've not seen any survey but I'll bet most of the public thinks he fucked up. Will they go out of curiosity or boycott?

Reactions: Ronws
    If he finishes the movie, I wonder how the public will recieve it. Of course all his Hollywood fans will kiss his ass and tell him how brave he is. I've not seen any survey but I'll bet most of the public thinks he fucked up. Will they go out of curiosity or boycott?
    Probably to see if he shoots anyone else. Like people slowing down on the freeway to see a wreck on the other side of the freeway so that they can see if a head is rolling on the pavement.

Hmmmm...I wonder if he'll be in Texas anytime soon? I have a couple SAA wheel guns he can see if he can make them fire without purposely pulling the hammer back to full cock. Asking for a friend. He could be the crash test dummy.

Latest I read on the situation:

Investigators effectively conducted an autopsy of the Colt .45 revolver and found that there were worn joints and that the trigger control was not functioning properly, according to the source.

It became evident to prosecutors the gun could fire without pressure on the trigger, according to the source.

On Thursday, the newly appointed special prosecutors in the case confirmed charges have been dropped against the actor, though noted their investigation remains "active and ongoing."

From abc.com

He says this in his interview:

"I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never," Baldwin told Stephanopoulos.

From abc.com

He says this in his interview:

"I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never," Baldwin told Stephanopoulos.
    But, Alec, that is exactly what you did, bad gun or not. You pointed it at person and pulled the trigger. You lying sack of shit.