• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns You think your side arm is badass?

Re: You think your side arm is badass?

that is literally a hand cannon! I am suprised at how little recoil there appeared to be.

By little recoil, do you mean survivability.

They were for killing tigers and the like ASAP if I remember right.

Probably one of those things you would be happy to shoot if you needed to lol.

A howdah is the platform you ride on while travelling by elephant.

So you're up there, hunting with The Raj, and a wounded tiger starts climbing into the howdah. Your trusty Holland or Purdey double rifle is unweildy in those close quarters thus the howdah pistol. They are usually multi barrelled as taking the time to reload is not advised.

Be careful not to shoot the elephant or it's mahout as the pistols are noted for overpenetration. After all, if you kill the Raj's favorite hunting elephant or even it's mahout, you will not be invited back.

I believe they call that thing a Ear splitin loudin boomer!

Jericho, I guess I don't understand your comment....

I was suprised at how little the pistol seemed to recoil given the extreme size of the bullet. I would think it would be pretty hard to control.

I was just making a funny about how ridiculous the round is. I totally agree with your previous statement.

I wonder how hard it is to Gun break an Elephant

+1
I also find it hard to believe they are really getting that velocity.