• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You Yankees need to come get your junk out of my yard

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2014
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    BAF84AAD-E5B5-4609-9EC0-C06E3D0B7CD7.jpeg

F7DEBEE4-9160-4C54-A466-CFDC284FFB62.jpeg

😄😄😄

What kind of tree is that with leaves on it? Apple?

Got plenty of our own.

Attachments

• 1613403442065810441355.jpg
      1613403442065810441355.jpg
      226.6 KB · Views: 36
    Reactions: Snipe260
    Flying back from Orlando Saturday night, we touched down in Denver for a connecting flight home to Tucson. Temp at the Jetway was 4 degrees, and the terminal interior was at or around freezing. By the time we reboarded (the same plane we'd arrived on), the Jetway temp was down to zero.

Everything everywhere was white and blowing around fiercely.

Great week at Dizzyworld, though, had our own Villa in Old Key West Resort; 5 folks, 8 days.

The park facilities are not normal, many attractions and sections of the parks are closed down 'for renovation'. The staff and activities continue as before, frenetically jolly. Prices for things like food and trinkets are astronomical. Nearly a ten spot for a Coke. The attendance was pretty good, somewhere more than half capacity, was good in some ways.

It appears that the renovation statement is accurate, and that the parks' grand reopening (whenever...) will reveal a whole new series of attractions. I might be there, I might not.

We arrived in Orland airport, got onto the Disney Magical Express, and arrived at out Hospitality house in our resort with all our baggage. Our Mobility Carts were waiting and we were set up on the ground floor in a disability accommodation villa. All service and facilities at our lodging were first rate. But the parks were clearly in distress. The disability accommodations are nearly all for Celia, but I use the mobility carts because my getting around these days is not so hot. No stamina.

Folks may or may not get distressed with our taking advantage of Disney facilities. The only money we spent with Disney this trip was what we paid to eat, mostly. The rest was an investment we made literally more than a decade ago, something like a timeshare, at a time when Disney was an entirely different entity, politically.

Some may notice that I've been absent from these forums a lot lately. Health is one part of it, mine and Celia's. we're OK, but not stellar, No Covid in the house, nearly none in the community, mostly nomads from CA. Our community and VFW have adopted very strict participation controls, and it appears to be working surprisingly well. We could rejoin our friends in the club immediately, but were advised to wait until Wednesday, to get come indications of possible symptoms before reengaging completely. It's a personal option, and we think it's a good one following o/o state travel. Some of our friends are pretty elderly (80's) and frail, and it just helps us to avoid them getting infected.

I take my own temperature thrice daily. So far...

Greg

Last edited:
    Yesterday the inside of my fridge was 50 degrees warmer than the temp outside. Was sunny and beautiful though!

I find these threads interesting, funny, and curious.

Welcome to my world.

It's -20/-30 here right now and the high of the day, and this is "normal". Remember when I said ya'll South of us live in the 'balmy tropics'...? Are you getting it now? Enjoy what you DO have,,,, appreciate it even, maybe!

Yeah, but in about 3 months everyone will be inside so their brains don't melt
    20180724_170146.jpg

Thats the temp on my back patio in July. Notice the inside temp is 84. That feels pretty damn good to walk into after being outside that time of year.

Reactions: eelman308
    I walked outside at noon after a 6 day stretch of working nights and not seeing the sun. I thought, "holy crap it's warm out today!" It was -10. After several nights of -35 it feels really really good.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Not sure what it was with the wind chill this morning. But that was cold as shit. Southern MN

Attachments

• 20210215_040649.jpg
      20210215_040649.jpg
      296.2 KB · Views: 15
    Haaving been through Shreveport many time I cant imagine it looking like that. Best stay off he highways.
    Man I sure loved the big snow days and driving on base on Carson. All the southerners stuck on the side of the road. Give a kid an ATV
    With land that has 4 seasons and the only thing he’ll fear on snow days is the fucking retarded people.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    Its the shits. Lost almost everything in the greenhouse last night. 40+ hours below zero was too much even with the space heaters. We get a lot of nights below zero but usually get sun and 20 during the day. If its cloudy it usually isn't as cold. What sucks is cleaning out all the dead foliage just now its 76 in there. If it could have just been a few degrees warmer yesterday or if I'd been just a few IQ points smarter to add another heater last night it would be smooth sailing to summer. Went out to check this morning and ended up spending an hour harvesting frozen produce to get in the freezer so I can salvage it for stews,etc. Had just started a bunch of shit for the summer crop. All hosed even being on a heat mat. Son of a bitch!

• Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    I am in TX now on my annual ham slam. Got about 3-4" of snow and people have pretty much lost their shit completely. I could go out for a jog and pass cars in my tennis shoes. I am not complaining though, we pretty much have the roads to ourselves. When I left our house it was -26, so even though it is 15 degrees here it's not that bad. I have lived in some cold places in my life and while it's not convenient, you can dress for it almost 100 percent of the time, even when it's super cold. Now when it gets super hot outside, I'm worthless. You will find me hunkered in some type of AC for as long as I possibly can.

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    The warm is coming. It was 28* here in Montana today. First day above zero for a week.

I was running around outside in a hoodie, since it was so warm. Had to wear a jacket last week.

Reactions: camocorvette
    We're supposed to get 14" tonight. I plan to add 5-10 minutes to my morning commute, then go about my day as usual.

LOL it's warmer in Ohio

How much snow did you get?

We got about 9 inches but the drifts on the roads are 2 - 3 ft high from 40 mph winds. Super light and dry powder.

It’s warmer in Anchorage too. 😄
    We got 4-6 inches, with sleet and freezing rain being the first inch.
    We’ll get the second wave tonight. I think this is going to be more ice than snow, so we’ll have more power line damage. It’s gonna suck the next couple of days.