• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Young Americans suffering more strokes

Re: Young Americans suffering more strokes

a guy in my squad at Drill Sergeant School had a stroke in the 5th week, he was 26! He is doing well now but had to be medically retired from the army over it. Shit is just weird nowadays

Strokes, unfortunately are one of those things that could be caused by a number of factors...

They are just plain scary

Though they can be caused by several reasons typicaly its from a blockage in an artery , this can be caused by several things ranging from cholesterol to corenary artery problems.

As americans in general or eating sucks , we don't get enough good fats that keep our good cholestrol up (omega3) and to many bad fats that bring the bad cholestrol up. The HDL which is the good cholestrol is kinda like the lube for your veins and arterys it helps to prevent blockages keeping everything flowing smoothly.
And conterary to common thought eating foods that are high in cholestrol will not raise you blood level cholestrol. The cholestrol found in your blood is made by the liver and very little actualy recieved from food intake , when a diet that very low in good cholestrol (typical american) the liver produces more , this raises the blood levels. Now if a diet higher in good fats and cholestrols is followed you will actualy lower your blood level cholestrol as the body sees an abundunace of it and does not need to produce more.
I had a long debate with a cardiologist my wife works with sometimes in a cath lab and kept give these test that were run and what they showed , well the test were run on RATS who are not carnivors and realy not even omnivors (they eat very very little meat) when these animals were give retarded amounts of cholestrol via their diet it mad them very sice and raised their blood levels very very high , again this is an animal that was not evolved to eat meat , i asked him if he though the same results would happen on a chimpanzee that does eat a fair amount of meat or a bear? (no answer just dumb look) so after hearing what my diet was and swearing i'd drop dead any second he offered to run a full blood pannel every 3 weeks to track my levels everything from test and T3 levels to cholestrol.
As a base line i ran a diet very close to that what is printed on every food label as the RDA as far as fats and carbs goes and mind you this was good food not junk , all fats were anaimal and nut fats most carbs were from sweet potatos and oats , after 7 weeks of feeling like shit we got a base line then i went back to my diet , 500g protein , 150g carbs , 225-250g fats. , more than half my carbs come from fruit and almost all my fats come from meat and eggs only 20-25g comming from peanut butter. Now all my fatty meat is grass fed beef , wild cought salmon or free range eggs , this makes a differance!!! after eating this fro 3 weeks results showed reduced LDL and a slightly raised HDL , this continued through the test of 15 weeks till the end where my HDL ended up at 38 , LDL at 97 and triglycerides at 99. I also had increased testosterone production , T3 production and reduced liver enzymes.
Also not that I give blood every 6 weeks and have for 15 years now and about every other donation i give double rep cells. This also helps in keeping the cardio vascular system healthy and happy as wel as taking an 81mg asperin twice a day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">different strokes for different folks </div></div>

Hahaha you're a hero man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">different strokes for different folks </div></div>

Hahaha you're a hero man</div></div>

I held off for a day, but then couldnt resist it any longer!

young guy I worked with had a stroke, they felt it may be linked to energy drinks causing the blood to clot, the drinking and chew probably did not help either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">young guy I worked with had a stroke, they felt it may be linked to energy drinks causing the blood to clot, the drinking and chew probably did not help either. </div></div>

Nicotene is bad! Vasil constrictor is not good if you have some partial blockage.

A soldier of mine had a stroke. he was always a "high stress"/ANGRY type of guy! I still remember him scaring the shit out of a kid so bad that the kid puked, just by yelling at him after pulling him out of the drivers hatch with one hand and then jostling him around in the air like a rag doll.
Anyways, I think his angry self stress induced life didn't help him out. He was about 5'11" and 140 pounds soaking wet but like I said full of anger!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">different strokes for different folks </div></div>

Priceless

this is pretty damn alarming.

Read closely to what is said and not said in the article.

"The study authors urged caution in interpreting the results, because the research wasn’t designed to determine the reasons behind the changing hospitalization trends. <span style="color: #FF0000">A number of factors could explain the rise in young people, including changes in the way hospitals track patients admitted for stroke</span>."

and

"Or it may simply be that physicians have improved their diagnosis and reporting of stroke in young people during the past decade."

These are the likely causes for increase in higher incidences of reporting of strokes. We see more because we look better and record more thoroughly. Notice the author never once gives actual risk rates. An increase in the rate from 0.01% to 0.015% is an increase from nothing to nothing. I suspect the fact that the numbers are not included indicates that they are not scary. A not scary report doesn't generate sales or interest.

The media is incredibly guilty of taking studies like this way out of context to cause fear.

Seriously, what are the odds that strokes are going down for older people, who are just as fat as ever, and are going up for younger? It just doesn't make sense.