• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your damn sausage and where to stick it.

Snuby642

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    So I figure that you have some game sausage and need a different way to use it.
    Cajon inspired white beans and rice.
    Got bored today so here it is.

Before we get huffy, I used store bought sausage because i was out of my venison and hog sausage and didn't want to wait to grind more.
    Venison and hog sausage is best with this recipe but any will work except breakfast or summer types.

If you can reload then you can do this!

2 cans of white beans and 1 can of diced potatoes
    1 small can of green chillies hatch style is best
    1 small onion 4 cloves of garlic
    1 cup of sausage or ham
    1 spoon of black pepper and 1 of red pepper flakes or some ca jun seasonings optional.
    Do not add salt if your meat has any in it, leave that till last!
    Rice made to package directions, about 2 cups of rice and 2 cups water for the instant plus a wad of butter.
    Another pound or more of your sausage grilled smoked or baked if you're snowbound, poor bastards, reserved.

In a big pan get it warm, spray with oil, put in 2 large spoons of butter, heat..
    Add cup of meat, onions garlic spices and cook till onions are clear.
    Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, they do not have to brown, but its not a game changer if you want to.

Turn down the damn heat! Not kidding!
    Add the beans and green chillies cook slowly stirring occasionally about 15 minutes.

Cook the rice per package directions set aside.
    Cook the rest of your sausage till browned.

Put some rice in the center of a plate, beans around the sausages on top, if you got some green onions for garnish that would be nice, I was out.

If you try this and it sucks let me know, if you think it sucks and dont try it kick fn rocks.

Attachments

• photo84785.jpg
      photo84785.jpg
      51.3 KB · Views: 23
    • photo84786.jpg
      photo84786.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 22
    I saw the title and opened the thread expecting/hoping to see some Pygmy goats and Velcro gloves. My bad, carry on.

Reactions: Turkinator