• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your four legged friend

LeviBerg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Well I went for a walk with my dog in our ravine earlier, and that got me thinking a thread for pictures or stories about your/someone else's dog would be interesting.
Here's my Bernard. She's 1.5 years old and pushing around 130 lbs. I haven't seen a dog as possessive as her yet. If someone she doesn't know pulls into the yard, she stands between me and them and pushes me away.
17hmr004.jpg

Re: Your four legged friend

They can get very possessive. They naturally want to get in between you and danger. Just don't give them a .50 or you may get into trouble.
jake50aaaa.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dogs are man's best friend... just don't piss them off.</span>

funny-gifs-gotta-go.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Dogs are man's best friend... just don't piss them off.</span>

funny-gifs-gotta-go.gif
</div></div>
That always makes me laugh. Mouth wide open catching that pee

duchessandducks.jpg

My chesapeake bay retriever is very protective aswell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can get very possessive. They naturally want to get in between you and danger. Just don't give them a .50 or you may get into trouble.
jake50aaaa.jpg
</div></div>I think I shot against him once. He took the lifetime supply of kibbles from the prize table.

Boris, our Malamute/something mix:

DSCF7430.jpg

Helo, our other Malamute/something mix:

2011-02-25_07-34-52_810.jpg

Both are rescues, so we're not sure what their exact breed makeup is.

Daughter brought her dog for the summer.
Cat is not happy.

Strawberry is in mid air...

The dog is now afraid of the cats, which is the ay it should be as my cats are attack cats and have beaten many a dog up for stepping into the yard..

PoohsterandPatches.jpg

Although you wouldn't know it from this pic, he is completely hard-wired to protect, and will get in between you and anything he perceives to be a threat. Very easy to train, when he's no being completely worthless on the couch.

P5160127.jpg

The breed in Dogue De Bordeaux, in case anyone's wondering (yes, the same breed as Turner and Hooch).

Hey ArcticLight, Be careful with those strawberries. Can be toxic to dogs. Had a strawberry patch once that almost killed my lab as a kid.

What ArticLight didn't tell you was that it was the damn cat that kept feeding the dog the strawberries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although you wouldn't know it from this pic, he is completely hard-wired to protect, and will get in between you and anything he perceives to be a threat. Very easy to train, when he's no being completely worthless on the couch.

The breed in Dogue De Bordeaux, in case anyone's wondering (yes, the same breed as Turner and Hooch). </div></div>

I was about to say "Hey it's hooch!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although you wouldn't know it from this pic, he is completely hard-wired to protect, and will get in between you and anything he perceives to be a threat. Very easy to train, when he's no being completely worthless on the couch.

The breed in Dogue De Bordeaux, in case anyone's wondering (yes, the same breed as Turner and Hooch). </div></div>

I was about to say "Hey it's hooch!" </div></div>

My buddy in Canada has one of those, bull mastiff ? _ his dog will sit on teh couch like a human, it's HILARIOUS, soft couch, but dog puts his arm on teh arm of the couch and plops...

Abner on the left, Sydney in the center and Phylo on the right
P1020512.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres my ridgeback.

</div></div>

good looking dog..

Thanks he has been a great dog and the kids love em.

mine is still in the puppy stage and likes to chew on my daughter.

For those who have cats...

flyingpeachy2.jpg

Our Savannah... his full name:
'Kiplings Sergeant-Major Peachy Carnehan" Goes by "Peachy."

Name from the Michael Caine character in "The Man Who Would Be King."

His record is grabbing a stuffed mouse out of my hand 7 feet in the air... And he didn't take any flesh. Smartest cat I have ever seen. If he had opposed thumbs, we'd be his pets.

The lurking Siamese w. laser eyes is YesIamSiamIam... Goes by Sam.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS: Love dogs. But cats are lower maintenance. Eventually, want a Ridgeback or Shephard. But cats for now.

Sihrmechanic - the scapels are OUT of the sheath in that picture. Is that a regular cat or one of those leopard varieties?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those who have cats...

flyingpeachy2.jpg

</div></div>

That house cat could pass for a bobcat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acloco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sihrmechanic - the scapels are OUT of the sheath in that picture. Is that a regular cat or one of those leopard varieties?</div></div>

He'es regular cat sized (a bit larger) but spotted.. Breed came from the Servals, but he has many generations removed. He thinks he'es a Golden Retriever. Fetches, brings things, plays in water, chases ball, eats dog-sized rawhide treats.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Wish I could get a decent picture of my rotty. He's usually too busy to get a good picture or I'm just not good with the camera when I get a chance.

Might have a picture of him when he was a puppy somewhere.

Here's Zeus as a puppy. I think he was about 2 months old.
n723692506_630856_6148.jpg

And here he is at about 2.5 years old, about 125lbs.
183374_10150095491727507_723692506_6358503_4342547_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those who have cats...

PS: Love dogs. But cats are lower maintenance. Eventually, want a Ridgeback or Shephard. But cats for now. </div></div>

Got a Bengal tabby mix that's like that. He hasn't been around the past few days b/c of the dog tho...jumps on a 6' fence in one hop.

When this pic was taken he was wild, was only the 2nd time he ever stopped when I called him.

8 mo's later I had him caged, fixed, released and within 2 months he came inside...

meowth.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acloco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sihrmechanic - the scapels are OUT of the sheath in that picture. Is that a regular cat or one of those leopard varieties?</div></div>

He'es regular cat sized (a bit larger) but spotted.. Breed came from the Servals, but he has many generations removed. He thinks he'es a Golden Retriever. Fetches, brings things, plays in water, chases ball, eats dog-sized rawhide treats.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

I think that may be my cat history - I was assuming Bengal but I just lookd it up and it has a leopard pattern whereas the Serval has the spots like mine/yours.

Thanks for the info!

You can see the same type of claws here, I've had to remove them from my skin many times now, they all scarred LOL

meowthinhouse3.jpg

I have a cat also, but she is very independent, about as much of a pet as a goldfish is. She lives upstairs and the Ridgeback stays downstairs

tacticat.jpg