• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Hunt/Tactical/Range Vehicle

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 7, 2018
    Let’s see em. Here’s mine.
    2016 Colorado Diesel with aftermarket tune.
    5” lift and 275/55R20 Terra Grapplers.
    3E5AD634-B358-48F5-9981-DC342D23B920.jpeg

20180703_142120.jpg

Doesn't have all the fancy doohickies that seem so popular these days, but it's as close to my dream truck as could be had. I wanted a diesel, manual trans, manual transfer case and a long bed which are apparently things that nobody wants so I had to do a special order. Only have 5k miles on it so far, but I love it.
    20180614_152348.jpg

I was fixing to ask where you found a 6 spd? I had an 06 model that was like that, and several 99-02 they were good trucks

Here is mine. 2005 Excursion 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel that has been bullet proofed. Sadly it is for sale. However I have found that if you over price something that it won't sell. So all is good. I still own it.

Attachments

• 20180608_102304.jpg
      20180608_102304.jpg
      700.4 KB · Views: 89
    Last edited:
    GMC 4X 6.6 diesel and she’s a dirty pig after the ‘two scopes have to be zeroed’ rampage in the desert after a storm last weekend.
    098D1E17-6F6A-4882-A42E-138DED1FEEC4.jpeg
    B7828B23-C998-431B-9D50-892111AE5975.jpeg

Reactions: Bender
    I just think the premise is goofy. I’m sure some members are guides who have such vehicles, but most people don’t need a special, purpose built vehicle for hunting or “tactical” (whatever the hell that means). If those trucks are hunting/tactical vehicles then so is my Honda Pilot, because I’ve transpoed a dozen deer in it since I took over ownership from my wife...

I’ll never have a cool truck, because I get my wife’s second hand cars. I honestly could care less. I’m not a car guy. I just want something that ‘I don’t have to fix or screw with all the time. Reliability is my #1 thing. The last car I bought for me was a 740il. It had quite a few deer in the trunk in its 10 year. 280,000mi life.

I think it makes sense to have an older truck for knocking around. It's no big deal watching a rifle slide off the hood with a turret digging the paint or the screeching sound of limbs on the sides when off road. The trucks posted here really don't fit hunting truck IMO. Too nice.

I think it makes sense to have an older truck for knocking around. It's no big deal watching a rifle slide off the hood with a turret digging the paint or the screeching sound of limbs on the sides when off road. The trucks posted here really don't fit hunting truck IMO. Too nice.

My hunting buddy has one. He drives it through the woods, over stumps, through mud holes that could be stocked.
    He even ran over the deer on the right, breaking one side of the rack loose from the skull, on a logging road when he was going back in to retrieve it after shooting with the muzzleloader. Then he came to my area and helped me collect mine (left). One of those incredible mornings!

IMAG0099.jpg

I use my everyday driver a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for my self guided prairie dog hunts. I have a hood mounted shooting table that's hinged that stores in the back and provides a solid platform. I have range cards for various calibers and bullet weights (.260, 6br, etc) stapled to the deck. Sandbags use carabiners and shoestrings to not get lost. Been using this setup since 2012. Easy work to roll from town to town.
    Rubicon.jpg

Last edited:
    I use my everyday driver a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for my self guided prairie dog hunts. I have a hood mounted shooting table that's hinged that stores in the back and provides a solid platform. I have range cards for various calibers and bullet weights (.260, 6br, etc) stapled to the deck. Sandbags use carabiners and shoestrings to not get lost. Been using this setup since 2012. Easy work to roll from town to town.
    View attachment 6957471

You’re clearly over invested in gun and vehicle for killing creatures. Just my style! Been eyeing a new JL Rubi but it’ll be a hunting truck and it makes more sense for me to get one second hand.

That’s what I mean. What’s your vehicle you use for hunting or getting to the range etc. I merely used the term ‘tactical’ in fun. Likely non of us own a true tactical vehicle. Sorry you took it so literal

View attachment 6957471
    I love it. I have a Bed-Slide in the back of my truck that extends out 4’ beyond the tailgate. I use it for sitting and prone shooting. The tonneau cover keeps me dry in the wet Western WA weather.

Those look a lot like the Sandhill Cranes we have here in FL.

Yep, those are sandhill cranes. We can't hunt them here, unless you call running them over with your minivan hunting.

The central flyway states have the luxury of keeping the population in check and partaking in as @Fig put it, rib eye of the sky.
    Yum, yum...

Reactions: Precisiondada
    I'm diggin that gold label SkyScrapin. Only a few more weeks until I take mine up to Kansas to blast some more Chinese chickens. It sure is a joy to carry but those first few Kent FastLeads after a night at the bar are a little jarring

Reactions: SkyScrapin