• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Your opinon on...

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
a Trijicon 1x42 reflex II. I'm building a 11.5" AR for CQB and I'm thinking about this optic. I've used EOTECH'S and was very satisfied with them but I was thinking of maybe trying something different. Any of you fellas tried one of these? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. Steve.

Re: Your opinon on...

Trijicon Reflex sights have a horrible reticle washout problem. It's very apparent if you are shooting from a dark environment into a lit one. I had some experience with the old model. From folks I have spoken with, Trijicon did not resolve the issue on the new Reflex sights.

Try before you buy.

Thanks guys. That's what I was looking for. Looks like I'll stick with an EOTECH. I've had good luck with them in the past and this rifle will only be used out to about 200 yards.

i have an EOtech as well and its a great optic i just like to co witness with the aimpoint

Not a fan of the reflex at all. I agree that the reticle has bad washout.

I have an astigmatism problem, so aimpoints don't work for me as well.

I suggest that you be sure and look through anything you plan to buy first to make sure it works for <span style="font-weight: bold">you</span>.

I too am an Aimpoint fan. That said if your looking for something different Trijicon 2x with a red triangle.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too am an Aimpoint fan. That said if your looking for something different Trijicon 2x with a red triangle.

Good luck </div></div>

I have a Reflex II with the red triangle, I have much less of a washout problem than the original that I tried a few years ago. I really like the R2, I'd probably buy another one.

I have not used an EOTECH, I have used Aimpoint. I like the R2 better than the Aimpoint that my dad has on his truck gun.