• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes YOUR scope ring/mount critiques please

still_N_29palms

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Somerville, Alabama
Looking for critques for scope rings. Rating them for the importance of functionality, setup, and then looks in both practical and tactical. Please include your opinions on what rings to avoid like the plague.

Thank you.

Re: YOUR scope ring/mount critiques please

Ok, first of all, there is endless ring and base threads on this sight (more than you have time to read), and you will get flamed for not using it on basic stuff like this. As for your question, there are the high end manufacturers Badger, Nightforce, Seekins, US optics, which you cant go wrong with, they are all rock solid and your rifle will probably break before they will. Then there is Burris, EGW, TPS, they work well, they are not machined as well in some cases, but they work as would be expected. They all setup pretty much the same, tighten all the screws to the right torque amount and go to town. As for looks, well who cares really? If they work then there is shouldn't be a complaint really should there?

Also another thing you might want to consider is customer support, its pretty improtant if you should ever need it.

I would avoid the $20 weaver tip-off rings.

I know about the endless amount of rings I was looking for a general consenus. My personal preferance of rings are those that require at least 2 screws that mount to the rail and upper scope rings. I care bout functionality first but looks are also important to me. I have used bushnell scope rings till a Weatherby 300 entired my life. I wanted a better shooting base and vortex filled that bill. But looking at rings from Barret, the USO rings and so forth not all rings are equal. I just wanted a genral personal preferance.

Nightforce is very good. But my next rings and base will be Badger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know about the endless amount of rings I was looking for a general consenus. My personal preferance of rings are those that require at least 2 screws that mount to the rail and upper scope rings. I care bout functionality first but looks are also important to me. I have used bushnell scope rings till a Weatherby 300 entired my life. I wanted a better shooting base and vortex filled that bill. But looking at rings from Barret, the USO rings and so forth not all rings are equal. I just wanted a genral personal preferance. </div></div>

In that case, get a set of Badgers, they look good and are rock solid. Its what most people use, its what the marines use and I have yet to read about a problem.

If you have the cash.... Near Manufacturing make the Aplhamount. It's really nice, and secure. He also makes great bases. I would call him direct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have the cash.... Near Manufacturing make the Aplhamount. It's really nice, and secure. He also makes great bases. I would call him direct. </div></div>

Big +1 for the Alphamount, its one of the best mounts out there, and the machining is some of the best I have ever seen, but so is the price tag, and there might be a big wait time, depending on when you order. Still it's definantly worth a look if you got the money, and Richard is one hell of a nice guy, and he's more than willing to help you out.

I bought a set of Seekins rings in the cllassifieds here. I will own all Seekins rings as soon as the economy allows me to do so. Great product.