• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your top 3 – Least fun group to hang with while shooting/discussing guns? (in forums or IRL)

When shooting, who are the least fun group to hang with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
What sayeth thou? On forums or in real life. Unlike some polls, you’ve got three votes to use!

Edit: sorry I can’t modify the “poll question” to include forums located just under the subject line. Someone voted and SH evidently locks out changing the q, which makes sense.

Last edited:
Anyone wearing an M65 jacket at the range.

35134545.gif

Where’s the LEO option?
I maxed out the number of poll responses that SH allows.

I was debating which one to cut…was gonna add an ATF option too but since I figured these two options were too easy I had to make some tuff choices. Life is tuff brah, so tuff.

tuff like speeling and capitolization

I’m actually sort of surprised that the mil/ex-mil guys are currently the least fun.

Online, at least, our rimfire forum sure contains some dour and humorless individuals.

Reactions: diverdon
I’m actually sort of surprised that the mil/ex-mil guys are currently the least fun.

Online, at least, our rimfire forum sure contains some dour and humorless individuals.
Dudes who show up with ear pro that includes a boom mic, “issue” gear and tax $$$ provided ammo, or want to talk authoritatively about the geopolitical situation in Yemen seem to suck the fun out of everything.

Reason I like shooting..I have on ear pro and can fully focus on one task.

If I’m with anyone especially less experienced I’m thinking like a RO, or helping.

I prob don’t put more than 5-8 rounds down range if with other people.

Reactions: LR1845
1) Nosy bastards
2) Friendly nosy bastards
3) oversharing bastards
4) presumptuous bastards
5) know-it-all bastards
6) unsafe bastards
7) brass thieving bastards
8) bastards who hint they'd like to shoot my gun
9) bastards who want you to admire them or their equipment
10) bastards who want you to listen to their stupid made up bullshit, their political theories, or stories where they are the hero.

Last edited:
Bald fucks are the worst.
So glad I still have my hair. In fact, that was one good reason for going to my 40 year high school reunion in Sept 2022. I still have my hair and wanted to see who doesn't. My close friend David doesn't.

I have not voted. I am still learning. I have likes and dislikes like anyone else.

You forgot the Safety Nazis.

They are the worst

You know that shoulder holster has you flagging everyone, right
You know your appendix holster is going to get your balls shot off, right.

Don't have a round in the chamber, it's dangerous
Don't carry a gun like that, it's dangerous.
You should have a flag in the chamber, should be bright orange and at least 3" tall, make sure and tell everyone that your gun is clear as well, announce it, say it loudly so we can all hear, really enunciate so as to keep from confusion.

Fuck, take up knitting already, you aren't cut out for the real world.

I don't give two shits if your muzzle is pointed at me unless you intend to shoot me, if you accidentally shoot me, just finish the job so I don't suffer.

Done, simple.

You got too much to live for? Then take up knitting, life is too dangerous for you, you sure as shit shouldn't be driving, more likely to die.

My wife on occasion will say why don't you go shooting with xx and xx. I just reply I do not trust them, they are dangerous/careless around guns.
Then one night at the "campground" xx brings out an AR and they start oohing and ahhing passing it around and not one person checked to see if it was clear. We left shortly after and I explained to the wife why.
I enjoy the one outdoor range, very big and few people.

1) Nosy bastards
3) oversharing bastards
4) presumptuous bastards
5) know-it-all bastards
6) unsafe bastards
10) bastards who want you to listen to their stupid made up bullshit, their political theories, or stories where they are the hero.

You shoot alone a lot.................

The women that like Nagants, AK’s, bull pups, and other cheap, ugly, stamped steel commie garbage are the worst.

If they like 762x39, 762x54, say “9mm parabellum” or wear tiger stripe camo, they’ll probably steer a conversation toward the superiority of the Tiger tank, and they like to lick balls.

Fuck range people.

Reactions: tsavo303
The women that like Nagants, AK’s, bull pups, and other cheap, ugly, stamped steel commie garbage are the worst.

If they like 762x39, 762x54, say “9mm parabellum” or wear tiger stripe camo, they’ll probably steer a conversation toward the superiority of the Tiger tank, and they like to lick balls.

Fuck range people.
Dammit! I am one that likes AKs. Now I am going to have to spark my own new thread, crying how someone here doesn't love me.

Actually, I do have something to endure. It can be in or out of the gun world.

I was just discussing with someone something about a totally different matter IRL. He was bragging about being smart and graduated from his university with a 4.0 GPA.

He was trying to school me on the different meaning of words. One of the words he chose was caliber, not knowing I am into firearms. He asked to define it. I said, well, people talk about the caliber of a person, high caliber meaning a man of principle and morals and well-respected.

But that the main definition I know of is that it is the diameter of the bore of a firearm. For example, a 9 mm gun shoots 9 mm bullets. A .357 can shot .38s, etcetera. He still didn't pick up on it. He tried to correct me with his 4.0 GPA. He said caliber was the number of turns in a barrel. I said no, that is the twist rate and could not finish by explaining, for example, a 1:12 twist rate. I was going to explain that means it takes 12 inches to make one complete revolution but it does not describe the diameter of the bore. He asked me to look it up. I did and it said distance between one side of the barrel to the other side, as in, diameter.

He said, no, look at the Oxford Dictionary. Diameter of the bore of the firearm, nothing about the twist or spin.

So, while it was a bit irritating to be shushed, having quiet patience proved to be a sweet reward. Not bad for a dirt bunny who only completed a few years of college with no degree.

But even my own field, I get people acting as if they know more than I do about the subject. Granted, I don't know everything and I learn something new every day. In that case, I still have to be patient and polite. I could piss people off and lose business.

Or, because of my creds, if I don't know a specific thing, then I know nothing at all. So, I just keep my mouth shut and if someone realizes they were the ass, so much the better.

Fuck range people.
I thought you were talking about prospective girlfriends for a minute there. Dudes, no thanks, but hotties, well I would try to be inclusive.

1) Nosy bastards
3) oversharing bastards
4) presumptuous bastards
5) know-it-all bastards
6) unsafe bastards
The bastards I can handle. The idiots are more of a challenge.

They are the worst

You should have a flag in the chamber, should be bright orange and at least 3" tall, make sure and tell everyone that your gun is clear as well, announce it, say it loudly so we can all hear, really enunciate so as to keep from confusion.

I don't give two shits if your muzzle is pointed at me unless you intend to shoot me, if you accidentally shoot me, just finish the job so I don't suffer.

Done, simple.

You got too much to live for? Then take up knitting, life is too dangerous for you, you sure as shit shouldn't be driving, more likely to die.
“Don’t fill that 30 round magazine and slow-fire from the bench, 5 rounds only at one time “. RO safety. 🤔

What sayeth thou? On forums or in real life. Unlike some polls, you’ve got three votes to use!

Edit: sorry I can’t modify the “poll question” to include forums located just under the subject line. Someone voted and SH evidently locks out changing the q, which makes sense.
1710078097177.gif

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased

They are the worst

Done, simple.

I knit. Great hobby, I can carry 14" pointy 1/4" diameter bamboo sticks anywhere in the world.

Anyone wearing an M65 jacket at the range.

35134545.gif
OMG this x 1000 lol

Who invariably has a thin mustache and pulls out a bolt action rifle from some random European country with a stock that looks like it was carved from a 2x4 by a blind dwarf 105 years ago and proceeds to tell me I should learn to shoot irons like a real rifleman.

Last edited: