• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You're hurting your own cause

xdpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
South Texas
I took my family to Come and Take It Days in Gonzales Texas this weekend. They had a parade that was really cool and a reenactment of the battle. They had vendors set up and games for the kids. The weather is beautiful now down here. There were two open carry organizations there today and they both marched in the parade. Afterwards, we were hitting the shops when I noticed a few open carry guys with rifles standing around, exercising their 2nd amendment rights. While drinking beer, rifles slung. I'm not an open carry guy but I understand if you want to exercise that right but there is a time and place for everything. I don't think demonstrating open carry and trying to explain your stance on it is the time to be throwing back a few. It makes you look bad. It's poor judgement at a minimum. You're hurting your own cause. And clean yourselves up. You'd be better off dressing like you were headed to a job interview instead of like you're going your cousin's for air soft or a Marilyn Manson concert. Also, practice proper weapon retention. If you don't know how to do it, get some training for Petes sake. There are people who think you represent all gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters. At least make an effort. And stop taking pictures next to cop cars, you're acting like you're seeing tits for the first time. Rant over.

Damn! Drinking in public slung up? No bueno.

God forbid some dingus come in there and kill someone and then slip into the shadows while chaos ensues. I can tell you, for better or worse, that would be the end of each and every one of those open carry events. Talk about news material.

I have to dress up and be sober to carry? mannnnnnn.

Not if you carry concealed.
:)
But seriously, I agree 100%. If I don't know you I don't feel comfortable with your ability to maintain control of the AK muzzle in a packed public location. I also may mistake you for a "terrorist" when your muzzle crosses my personal space.

Not if you carry concealed.
:)
But seriously, I agree 100%. If I don't know you I don't feel comfortable with your ability to maintain control of the AK muzzle in a packed public location. I also may mistake you for a "terrorist" when your muzzle crosses my personal space.

I get ya. I was carrying concealed. I don't drink anymore but when I did, I didn't carry. It was one or the other. I don't have anything against drinking or open carry. I just think it's not a good idea to do both. It made me gather my family and leave.

I took my family to Come and Take It Days in Gonzales Texas this weekend. They had a parade that was really cool and a reenactment of the battle. They had vendors set up and games for the kids. The weather is beautiful now down here. There were two open carry organizations there today and they both marched in the parade. Afterwards, we were hitting the shops when I noticed a few open carry guys with rifles standing around, exercising their 2nd amendment rights. While drinking beer, rifles slung. I'm not an open carry guy but I understand if you want to exercise that right but there is a time and place for everything. I don't think demonstrating open carry and trying to explain your stance on it is the time to be throwing back a few. It makes you look bad. It's poor judgement at a minimum. You're hurting your own cause. And clean yourselves up. You'd be better off dressing like you were headed to a job interview instead of like you're going your cousin's for air soft or a Marilyn Manson concert. Also, practice proper weapon retention. If you don't know how to do it, get some training for Petes sake. There are people who think you represent all gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters. At least make an effort. And stop taking pictures next to cop cars, you're acting like you're seeing tits for the first time. Rant over.

Agreed. Wish they would have tried that here because depending on how much they drank I would arrest them under a misconduct involving weapons charge that does not allow a person to be in possession of a weapon when they are impaired by alcohol or drugs. These guys will ruin it for the rest of us if they keep at it. People will see all gun owners as idiots.
Pat

Honestly I aint gotta problem with drinking and shooting. Nothing wrong with slamming a beer or two and putting a few down range.

Disclaimer: Thats out in the woods though, with no driving involved nor any other people around for a long ways out in any direction. Obviously its retarded to drink before/while youre among other folks at a shooting range, and its retarded to drive after/while drinking. Going into a bar slung up? Drinking in public slung up? Hell naw! Thats a recipe for trouble. Eg: say some random drunk guy down the road pops a few in the air, you now have multiple intoxicated folks amid-panic, rushing for their rifles, wondering where TF those shots came from... Say they shoot the guy who shot up in the air, what if the panicking confused dude across the street had just shown up and didnt know anything about the original shots fired in this case but just so happened to see "him" or "them" shoot the original drunk guy for apparently no reason... Murphy is waiting for his opportunity when multiple people are in public, drinking, with rifles slung up.

Last edited:
I wonder if these rifles had rounds chambered.

I wonder if these rifles had rounds chambered.

Two had chamber safes in them and two didn't have mags in the mag well. It doesn't matter though rather they were loaded or not. The average person doesn't know the difference. All they see are guys with guns drinking beer. They're not 'educating people about their cause' when they're drinking with rifles in the open. People see guys with guns and beer = dangerous, all gun owners must be drunk, dangerous baffoons .