• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s You're not going to believe my night

scubapro187

Chew
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
Helena, MT
So me and two of my friends go drinking at a local bar and I'm the one who ends up driving. Well I'm their about an hour or so and we decide it's time to leave. We walk out and notice that my car is missing. Immediately I know that it was stolen so I drive my fist into a wall and my blood is boiling. I'm a slow to anger guy but once I reach that point I tend to lose control.

I call my friend who is a cop and tell him what happened, he says he'll keep an eye out and I should file a report. So while the three of us are walking to the police station my cop buddy flags us down and says "I found your car."

The car was within a block of where I said it was stolen from and assumed I had forgot where I parked it. I thought he had mistaken my car, anyways we piled into his police car and head to my car. We pull in behind it and it's parked all on the curb and indeed yes it is my car. So I get out of the squad car and begin to walk to my car.

At this point in time my cop buddy thinks I have just been drinking and forgot where I parked my car. Although I haven't drank that much and I know that my car was moved by someone.

As I approach the car we all notice someone slumped over in the driver's seat. My cop buddy makes me step back and begins radioing the station about the situation. I look at my friend and ask him to just get back in his squad car and act like he never saw a thing and let me and my friends take care of it. Fortunately he refuses and the guy is arrested and taken to jail (otherwise I'm sure I'd be the one behind bars right now).

The guy ended up stealing my car with a jiggler key. The cops had to ask me what it was and how it was used. I explained that it's a basic key that looks similar to the generic car key and when you stick it in the ignition and jiggle it, it can start the car. Then they asked me how I knew about the key and I had to explain that I didn't grow up in Montana but rather South Florida.

Re: You're not going to believe my night

glad you got your car back! Whole lot better then not having it or finding it trashed in some field. Was the guy that stole it just drunk as hell? Criminals are stupid.

So, the guy stole your car and then drove it a block, got drunk and then passed out in it? You should turn in his application and story for a Darwin Award.

I was arrested once for drinking and driving in Montana. A friend that I was visiting had an old school bus that looked normal in front (drivers area and the first 3 rows of benches) but had a steel frame welded onto the back half with steel lawn furniture and a table welded onto it, with seatbelts and all. If it was cold you could stay inside and if it was warm you could open the little door and hang out on the back deck.

We were on the interstate when we were pulled over.

In court, I argued that I was not drinking and driving but simply having a beer out back. When I showed him a picture that demonstrated that I was also safely belted in, the magistrate had a good laugh and dropped all charges.

Darwin award for sure!

I locked my keys in my truck once, so i called a tow company that i knew also opened doors. the guy came out with one of those jiggler keys and opened my door in 15 seconds flat. Makes me think that i just lock my doors for my own peace of mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arch Stanton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, the guy stole your car and then drove it a block, got drunk and then passed out in it? You should turn in his application and story for a Darwin Award.

I was arrested once for drinking and driving in Montana. A friend that I was visiting had an old school bus that looked normal in front (drivers area and the first 3 rows of benches) but had a steel frame welded onto the back half with steel lawn furniture and a table welded onto it, with seatbelts and all. If it was cold you could stay inside and if it was warm you could open the little door and hang out on the back deck.

We were on the interstate when we were pulled over.

In court, I argued that I was not drinking and driving but simply having a beer out back. When I showed him a picture that demonstrated that I was also safely belted in, the magistrate had a good laugh and dropped all charges. </div></div> That actually worked Arch? Would never fly here...

My 2008 Ford truck has chipped keys - but I don't regard them as all that secure.

So I had a Ravelco anti-theft system put in. It's the second one in a vehicle I own.

No vehicle with one properly installed has been stolen by starting it and driving it away. And it's inexpensive - mine was less than $200, installed.

http://www.ravelco.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glad you got your car back! Whole lot better then not having it or finding it trashed in some field. Was the guy that stole it just drunk as hell? Criminals are stupid. </div></div>

The guy was black out drunk when he stole the car and made it around the block before he passed out.

jiggler or shaved keys are pretty easy to make and use. Mere possession of one in California can get you hooked up for posession of burglary tools.

For a while toyota only used 8 basic keys, not hard to eventually get one of each for a typical burglar. Dont forget now with the onstar and stuff you can be opened remotely. Im sure someone is already working on hacking the system and being able to pop your doors with a laptop while their buddy is standing next to the car....

So did they get him on a DUI charge also on top of the theft charge?

got grand theft auto, DUI since the key was in the ignition & something else that I can't remember

"Bump" keys are a growing problem, as are lock picking kits, and pin scramblers. Locks have always been an arms race; it isn't long before industrious people with a little brains and patience figure out how to pick a given lock. That said the Primus system is as close to pick proof as they come.

Possession of Bump keys, pick sets and scramblers should be cause for summary amputation. I've been a licensed locksmith for the last 7 years and installed and worked on them for a lot longer than that. I don't own any of them. And I'm not unique in that regard. So I tend to get pissed at the thought that others, with no business possessing them, do so and keep breathing.

At gun shows, in addition to the usual patent violations, I often see scumbags selling picks and scramblers. Why???

I'm glad you got your car back. How is your hand? I had a bad experience punching a block wall once!