• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB Youth Sized 20 Gauge

Wanting To Buy

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Looking for a youth sized 20gauge. Preferably an over/under but will consider a pump or SxS. Will buy or trade for it. Georgia location a plus.

I bought one of these this summer. Pretty nice for not much money. The wood is nice and the engraving looks good and it comes with chokes. The action is a little stiff but loosened up after several cycles.

Look for an 1100 20 skeet. CUt down the stock or purchase a buttstock from Boyds to cut down. They have an oversized gas port that reduces the recoil further than a standard gas gun. They shoot well and they shoot more than fast enough. I taught my ex's kids with that and an 1148 in 28 gauge.
IN a pump the mossberg 500 youth is well proportioned for a youth or smaller woman. I use that for partridge and timber doodles. 21" barrel and shorter stock let meget through the thick brush and still be able to get on a bird with a thicker wax cotton coat. The plus for me is it has the tang safety similar to the overunders I shoot in sporting clays so I'm not trying to find the safety on a flush.

I bought one of these this summer. Pretty nice for not much money. The wood is nice and the engraving looks good and it comes with chokes. The action is a little stiff but loosened up after several cycles.

I was actually at Academy today and after seeing the pile of 20gauge shells on the shelf I walked over to the counter with my son and had him shoulder that exact model. His first time handling a firearm at a store and he checked the chamber, kept his finger where it should be and made sure he did not flag anyone.

He is nine and while a really big and strong kid 5’1” and 100lbs...that is still a lot of gun for him. Still considering it though...

Nevermind...every review pans that Yildiz as a cheap turd. Anyone make a higher end kids o/u?

You can buy a youth sized butt stock for the Remington 870 in 20 gauge. Find a used 870 and buy the stock.

Problem solved.