• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 4x20/5x27 MPCT3 or NF ATACR 5x25x56 Tremor 3?

Ucfknights17

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2020
Hello, my first post here, but I've read these forums a lot and I appreciate everyone's opinions and advice. I am only looking at these 2-3 scopes mfg's and reticles exclusively so please no other recommendations.

1) ZCO 4x20x50 with MPCT3
2) ZCO 5x27x56 with MPCT3
3) NF ATACR 5x25x56 with Tremor 3
4) Tangent Theta 5x25 with Tremor 3 (ONLY if I am convinced the NF is not good enough in glass department and need to step up to TT glass with cost differential $$$ and because the Tremor 3 reticle is the winner)

I may possibly consider a Tangent Theta since they have a Tremor 3 reticle, but that's a big spend upgrade. With that being said... I keep debating over these 2 scopes mainly (ZCO & NF). I like everything about the ZCO just no Tremor 3 reticle offering. I had my mind set on a Tremor 3 reticle and I saw the post about the MPCT3 reticle with photos and it looks awesome after the review. I feel like the T3 system makes a lot of sense to me speed wise and with the wind dots and I wouldn't mind taking a class with Todd or Kevin Owens, however I am no where near expert in use just basic knowledge of how the T3 works. I will be using the scope on my (Primary gun) KAC SR-25 20" APR or (Secondary gun) FN SCAR 20S both in 308 and pushing them to their limits of 1000-1200yards with a KAC QD can on both. I am not a PRS shooter I just like tactical shooting applications and technique.

Here are my thoughts...

Must Haves on Scope:
  1. Bomb proof durability
  2. Tactical Scope
  3. Excellent glass
  4. At least 20x
  5. First Focal Plane
  6. Not a deal breaker but would like to get clip on NV in the future
  7. Range 400yards-1,200 yards
  8. Would like to learn 1 reticle style and stick to it on all future scopes

Zero Compromise Optic (ZCO)
Pro's
  1. Amazing glass quality superior to NF is what I am hearing
  2. Great turrets sounds like 2nd to Tangent Theta's (#1)
  3. Beautiful tactical design and ergonomics
  4. Magnification ring seems to be the best feel in regards to manipulation
  5. Locking turrets is a plus
  6. MPCT 3 Reticle looks like the only one I would be interested in besides a Tremor3
  7. 4x20 model will have enough room to fit clip on KAC NV
  8. Sounds like great customer service
  9. Awesome and forgiving parallax
Con's
  1. No Tremor 3 Reticle available
  2. 36mm main tube has limited support on scope ring mount offerings (I wanted a GDI QD mount P-ROM L model as I love their stuff on my other guns and they have excellent craftsmanship and engineering) Most likely will have to go with SPUHR (never used them before, but I heard great and so so things about them like the need for lapping, rosin, loctite use etc)
  3. Anti Cant device is limited to a few models with tube size
  4. 5x27 model may not have enough rail space to run clip on NV? Can someone confirm?
  5. Doesn't come with Tenebraex covers or sunshade not a huge deal breaker

Night Force ATACR 5x25
Pro's
  1. Amazing durability with heavy in field real life use
  2. Beautiful tactical design and ergonomics
  3. Has Tremor 3 offering
  4. Good Turrets (but is this even a factor if using T3 reticle as I will be using holds?)
  5. Tons of market support with ring sizes, accessories, etc. due to common tube size
Con's
  1. Glass quality is not as good as ZCO (but is it good enough?)
  2. Tremor 3 looks busy in very low mag setting and hard to read
  3. Illumination on T3 reticle is subpar as the entire reticle isn't lit
  4. Mag ring is a little stiff
  5. Illumination button design I hate, I wish it was a spin type dial, but I don't plan to use often
Thanks for the help!

You have a pretty good summary of what people have said about the top tier optics. I would just add, before you get invested in tremors, use them first to see how you like em. There's a reason no one runs them in prs/nrl matches. Way too busy and the wind dots are not as intuitive as learning gun mph and applying mil holds for wind.

Also, when your shooting and you are using holdovers, its just more difficult than using center reticle holds.

I own a zco so I could say I’m biased. But I’ve looked through a tangent and while the glass is better I could discern the 1000$ difference. Take that for what it’s worth as in the end it’s your money and only you know what’ll make you happy.

Had all ZCO reticles and Tremors, also owned a TT 5-25 and 3-15 light weight hunting scope. Wife shoots the T3 because I'm annoyed with it. I personally own the MPCT2 in my ZCOs. Comparing NF to ZCO is not in the same league, ZCO all the way if you like their reticles.

Your #4 really makes me scratch my head. The glass is the ZCO and the TT are so close I doubt you will tell the difference and the difference isn't worth the price tag. Locking turrets is also a big one for me. The glass in the 5-25 ATACR is a decent step down from the 2 aforementioned brands.

Reactions: Hogbreath55
When I was buying earlier this year both were the same price and in stock at Mile High. I compared them side by side along with the Kahles. To my eyes the ZCO was a clear winner, though all were quite nice. Turrets on all of them work really well.

Reactions: Pinkes
I own a zco so I could say I’m biased. But I’ve looked through a tangent and while the glass is better I could discern the 1000$ difference. Take that for what it’s worth as in the end it’s your money and only you know what’ll make you happy.

You could tell the $1,000 difference? or couldn't*?

(Sprayed99) Yeah, that was my thinking as well... that the difference in the ZCO to TT wasn't worth $1k as the differences seem so small and nit picky
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am leaning more towards the ZCO MPCT3 just abandoning the reticle choice (T3) in mind is hard I guess. I haven't heard a bad thing about ZCO and everything I read and watch is super impressive. It seems the T3 doesn't get any love in theory it sounds really useful, and SF selected that reticle for the MRAD.

Should I go 4x20 or 5x27? It's only a $100 difference to have more power and identification... Granted it's going on a gas gun KAC SR25 shooting anywhere from 100 yards to 1,000+.

Anyone know if I go with a 5x27 model if a KAC NV Clip-On (UNS LR A2) will still fit?

If I were to go ZCO I was going to get the SPUHR QDP-6016 mount 0 MOA thoughts on this mount? I like that Spuhr has a lot of options for this mount (anti cant device on the left side, red dot micro mounts attachments etc).

(Sprayed99) Yeah, that was my thinking as well... that the difference in the ZCO to TT wasn't worth $1k as the differences seem so small and nit picky
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am leaning more towards the ZCO MPCT3 just abandoning the reticle choice (T3) in mind is hard I guess. I haven't heard a bad thing about ZCO and everything I read and watch is super impressive. It seems the T3 doesn't get any love in theory it sounds really useful, and SF selected that reticle for the MRAD.

Should I go 4x20 or 5x27? It's only a $100 difference to have more power and identification... Granted it's going on a gas gun KAC SR25 shooting anywhere from 100 yards to 1,000+.

Anyone know if I go with a 5x27 model if a KAC NV Clip-On (UNS LR A2) will still fit?

If I were to go ZCO I was going to get the SPUHR QDP-6016 mount 0 MOA thoughts on this mount? I like that Spuhr has a lot of options for this mount (anti cant device on the left side, red dot micro mounts attachments etc).

Don’t use socom’s selections as a reason to get something, unless you’re going to use it for the same thing they are.

Couldn’t Discern the difference, I’m sorry. If you can afford the tangent and that’s what sets your sail, then you’re definitely not going to be disappointed. I just liked the zco better for my money.

If the clip-on fits with a 5-27 it will be by a gnats ass. the next question is do you really need anything above 20x to shoot out to 1200 yards, the answer should be no. I shoot 10-15x all the time at that distance with the 4-20, FOV is your friend. The only time I'm at the top end is shooting groups at shorter distances and spotting for others, which is rare. However I have noticed the 5-27's do hold their value better than the 4-20.

I love ultra shorts so I'm biased, and the best ultra short scope out there is the ZCO ZC420. If going on an SR-25, these scopes were made for gas guns.

Here's my ZC420 on my Sig 716 with the sunshade, figure the ZC527 is about as long as the ZC420 with the sunshade to give an idea of how much room you'd have for a clip-on

20201002_ZCO_4-20x50_Sig_716_6.5CM_002.jpg

20201002_ZCO_4-20x50_Sig_716_6.5CM_005.jpg

I will be going with the mpct3. Sorry I don't understand your statement/question? Are you a vendor and have both in stock or you personally have both?