• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 527 long term review

The ZC scopes have spoiled the shit out of me.You will be very happy with that scope.

Moose I know the feeling. It is so hard for me to use any other scope. Sometimes people ask me to look through their scope and tell them what I think. I never want to make anyone feel bad about what they bought, so I usually comment on their reticle.

I can attest to the quality of the ZCO brand. Unreal the difference this optic brings. To “my” eyes the resolution is perfect and the optic is a chunk of goodness. @CSTactical is an amazing distributor and ambassador for the brand as well. If anyone is on the fence, take a minute to get off that fence and spend the extra or it’ll cost you more later when you sell to get a ZCO.

We deeply appreciate the kind words, we're doing our best to constantly improve our service :)

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Been scrolling thru the posts here and in the market for my first high end scope. I have been eyeing up the
ZC527 5-27x56, MPCT2 but saw that inventory is limited. I am on the east coast also.. does anyone know of any dealers around NC or SC doubtful, but how about anyone else with them in stock?

Reactions: CSTactical
Been scrolling thru the posts here and in the market for my first high end scope. I have been eyeing up the
ZC527 5-27x56, MPCT2 but saw that inventory is limited. I am on the east coast also.. does anyone know of any dealers around NC or SC doubtful, but how about anyone else with them in stock?

Check our dealer list on the website, make a few phone calls, you might get lucky. www.zcompoptic.com

Or check the classifieds here, they pop up every once in a while.

We'd be happy to get you in line for one, it may take about a month or so to get it for you but we will :)

Reactions: NorthWesterner
I got mine in two days from DI Precision in Brenham, TX. I think it must have already been on order, though. Took longer to get the mount.

I kinda have a stupid question. I plan to run the ZC527 on a Cadex LCP; how high do the rings have to be? Prefer lowest possible even with having an adjustable comb. Thank you.

FWIW, heres my $0.02 on ZCO and TT

Top: Zco 527 ~22x @ 670 yards
Bottom: TT 525P 25x @ 670 yards

Observations:
Bigger image for ZCO: It's observable in person, and in the picture below, that the image one sees is "bigger" on the ZCO than the TT. It may relate to the 36mm vs. 34mm main tube.

Image: Related to above, it appears the ZCO not only magnifies the image, but expands it. What I mean is that 25x zoom on the TT equates to 20-22x on the ZCO. A good example I can think of is imagine standing 5ft in front of a 4K TV (Zco) vs standing 7ft in front (TT). Both will be incredibly sharp, but the former will "see less, but appear bigger".

Resolution: The TT was able to pick up the individual bricks on the chimney and columns a tad bit more than the ZCO, as well as the leaves and branches on the trees above the center dot. What I find odd is the TT has a blurry ring around the edges (you can sort of tell in the image) that is a result of me playing with the eye piece when setting it to my eyes. The ZCO occular is also set to my eyes, but maintains more edge to edge clarity.

Color/Contrast: I give this one to ZCO. A joy to look at. Vibrant. Reds seem redder, greens seem greener. The contrast helps objects stand out. Again, look at the bricks. More wow factor. I wouldnt say it is manufactured, but definitely seems to be by design. TT, is more natural I guess. If I were to walk 700 yards right up to that house, the TT. is what I "imagine" the structure would look like up close.

Turrets: Quick comment on something that's been beaten to death. I just got the NLE retrofit on the ZCO and it's a notable improvement that brings the turrets to TT. Hard to say if that is due to the retrofit itself or from ZCO servicing the turrets. Either way, I'll take it. Worth it and I'm may be in the minority, but I may prefer the NLE ZCO.

Reticle: The mpct2 is so thick. Easy to pick up for sure vs the Gen3xr, which isn't usable with my eyes below 16x. but i like that the Gen3xr tree disappears when you aren't focused on it.

View attachment 7888890
20220610_131812.jpg
20220610_131128.jpg

Last edited: