• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 840, what’s the dealio?

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
So now that the 840 have been out for some time and in the hands of shooters what are some thoughts?

I have tried looking up reviews by SH members, you know the usual suspects but haven’t seem anything yet. Might entertain the idea of switching my TT and giving one a try. Is there anyone that has had substantial time or done any testing behind one?

Thanks, looking forward to some guidance.

Reactions: Rmdashrf
So now that the 840 have been out for some time and in the hands of shooters what are some thoughts?

I have tried looking up reviews by SH members, you know the usual suspects but haven’t seem anything yet. Might entertain the idea of switching my TT and giving one a try. Is there anyone that has had substantial time or done any testing behind one?

Thanks, looking forward to some guidance.
I’ll have a review at some point and can/will compare directly to my TT and 527

I've had mine for about 2 months now. Depending on your purpose you may like it better than the 5-27. For me, I noticed that it's slightly easier to get behind at 20x+ than the 5-27. I haven't been able to tell a difference in optical performance between them. I have some time behind the Vortex G3 6-36 and I like it alot, but the image gets pretty dark over 30x. By contrast, the 8-40 does a fantastic job keeping brightness and image quality at 30x all the way to max

Have one sitting in my shopping cart… just wish there was a bit more info out there.. My DT .50 BMG deserves this optic. Lol I honestly dont have any issues with Gen III Razor, but there is something about this ZCO that has me wanting one.. I need an intervention!! :oops:

Attachments

• A7CB6EF5-F7DC-4429-BF8E-A0BD5546ED70.jpeg
    A7CB6EF5-F7DC-4429-BF8E-A0BD5546ED70.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Islas82
Due to the lack of reviews and also because I didn’t want to drop ZCO type coin at the time I got a NF ATACR 7-35 recently (AND NO AM NOT SAYING IS JUST AS GOOD SO SPARE ME THE DRAMA) to upgrade to a bit more magnification.

• Haha
Reactions: BCX and kgall005
Due to the lack of reviews and also because I didn’t want to drop ZCO type coin at the time I got a NF ATACR 7-35 recently (AND NO AM NOT SAYING IS JUST AS GOOD SO SPARE ME THE DRAMA) to upgrade to a bit more magnification.
No drama here,,, if you shootin and havin fun, I’m all for whatever anyone wants to do… Love the ATACR, it an incredible optic..

No drama here,,, if you shootin and havin fun, I’m all for whatever anyone wants to do… Love the ATACR, it an incredible optic..
I owned a ZCO527 before and optically it was a great scope, it had the MPTC2 reticle which at higher magnification was very thick, at first I didn’t like the 3X but the more I look at it the more it makes sense.

I owned a ZCO527 before and optically it was a great scope, it had the MPTC2 reticle which at higher magnification was very thick, at first I didn’t like the 3X but the more I look at it the more it makes sense.
Thats what I’m thinking… 3X looks interesting, for the 50 i could get use out of that reticle setup I believe..

I've had mine for about 2 months now. Depending on your purpose you may like it better than the 5-27. For me, I noticed that it's slightly easier to get behind at 20x+ than the 5-27. I haven't been able to tell a difference in optical performance between them. I have some time behind the Vortex G3 6-36 and I like it alot, but the image gets pretty dark over 30x. By contrast, the 8-40 does a fantastic job keeping brightness and image quality at 30x all the way to max
You are going to end up costing me a lot of money.... every time I look at this thread I see this post and I want to move a 527 to my 223 and get an 840

Looking at MPCT 3X w/ non-locking turret.. Do you all sell the block mount as well?

Yes we sell the block mount as well! The NLE versions will take a little longer to get in as they are trying to catch up on the locking version back orders . An option for everyone is to buy the locking version and then schedule a time to send it to ZCO in the future :)

Reactions: kgall005
Yes we sell the block mount as well! The NLE versions will take a little longer to get in as they are trying to catch up on the locking version back orders . An option for everyone is to buy the locking version and then schedule a time to send it to ZCO in the future :)
I'm more than likely not going to hold myself up over a locking turret.. I'll give you all a ring in the next day or so.. Thanks.. I have everything sitting in the cart on your site.. Not that I'm in a hurry or anything..

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
Only reason I haven’t jumped on one is I’m assuming the reticle thickness is thinner than the 527 at say x15?

@CSTactical do you have an ETA for FDE ZCO840’s non locking? Is there a deposit system in place?

FDE is not an option for the ZC840 yet, The NLE versions will take a little longer to get in as they are trying to catch up on the locking version back orders . An option for everyone is to buy the locking version and then schedule a time to send it to ZCO in the future :)

@CSTactical Thank you so much for the info today.. Pulled the trigger so to speak on the ZCO, I look forward to getting this thing strapped on the .50..

8-40x56 / MPCT - 3X / non-locking turret, + the accessories to bring it all home... Merry Christmas, Happy new year & Birthday to me.... Now what to buy the wife??? I wonder if she needs an Elite Iron 50 BMG bipod??

@rydah @CSTactical Yes we made the line thickness a little thinner in the 8-40s for obvious reasons. Center Dot diameter is 0.030 Mil and line thickness is 0.027 Mil.

And correct, no FDE on the 8-40's just yet.
Is it possible to get one with the same thickness as a 5-27?

Would the 8-40 be harder to see reticle subtensions at 12x then a 4-20 at 12x?

@rydah Nope, would be too much involved to make that change. If there's enough demand, then we would definitely look into it, but we haven't had any other requests yet for that.
Thanks mate. Is the fov bigger on the 8-40 than the 5-27?