• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO and TT? Any testing by the military?

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    Has there been any evaluation of these two manufacturers by the military in general or by any individual units?

I remember seeing something about tangent theta being built specificly for military use. I cant remember where i saw that so i could be wrong.

I remember seeing something about tangent theta being built specificly for military use. I cant remember where i saw that so i could be wrong.
    Ilya has mentioned the CAF using them. I've never heard of any sightings within my own (small) circles, but CANSOFCOM does have access to the finer things in life, plus they're made in Canada, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out they had some lying around. Kind of like when JTF2 pulled off that insane ELR record sniper kill right around the same time those Charlie Taracs came out....

TT scopes are basically Premier scopes, which definitely saw use on the M110 platform.

What do you mean?

thanks

The M110 package fielded by the Marines used a Premier Reticles scope. Armament Technology bought Premier Reticles and then used that optical formula for the basis of their Tangent Theta product line.

Reactions: Gil P.
    The Salvation Army has placed an order for Tangent Thetans to help in their battle against Scientology.
    1FBD0975-EBC6-4502-BC2C-BBB7714A8E3A.jpeg

The Salvation Army has placed an order for Tangent Thetans to help in their battle against Scientology.
    OP....wtf cares....

Ah there he is!! My fav boomer with excellent taste in high end gear.... Your post showed 455 pm my time? Take it you missed the early bird before bedtime tonight.....

16edf22c-50c4-49c8-a232-2ced58b5ccc3_text.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: TheHorta
    TT scopes are basically Premier scopes, which definitely saw use on the M110 platform.

Hi,

Well that is a severe oversimplification and misleading comparison, lol...

That is sort of like saying the new Gen USO Scopes are basically the same as the old school USO Scopes.....

The 5-25 PR had more failures than Edward Scissorhands trying to fold a paper towel without cutting it....so the TT is essentially NOTHING of the PR scopes.

Nothing like 3k dollar scopes back then going "down" due to PR using a cheap ass 10 cent Oring when the 50 cent Oring would have kept the turrets from malfunctioning.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Well now, there were some helpful answers. As to WTFC, I do. I realize that a solicitation by a branch of the military involves parameters that are not oriented to choosing the best piece of gear. On the other hand there are units with extensive discretionary budgets. I would have been surprised if those guys had no interest in two highly regarded optics that are outside of the normal supply chain. There is a difference between how a civilian will treat a $4K-5K piece of gear, paid for with his own money, and how a mil. guy, whos job it is to find deficiencies no matter the stresses put on the item will treat said item.

A couple of phone calls yielded what I expected. That is "the information is not public but you will not be disappointed". That's fair enough.

Your post showed 455 pm my time? Take it you missed the early bird before bedtime tonight.....
    Most definitely a boomer and astounded that I made it this far.

Reactions: deersniper
    Well now, there were some helpful answers. As to WTFC, I do. I realize that a solicitation by a branch of the military involves parameters that are not oriented to choosing the best piece of gear. On the other hand there are units with extensive discretionary budgets. I would have been surprised if those guys had no interest in two highly regarded optics that are outside of the normal supply chain. There is a difference between how a civilian will treat a $4K-5K piece of gear, paid for with his own money, and how a mil. guy, whos job it is to find deficiencies no matter the stresses put on the item will treat said item.

A couple of phone calls yielded what I expected. That is "the information is not public but you will not be disappointed". That's fair enough.

Most definitely a boomer and astounded that I made it this far.

I was talking to @TheHorta hence why I quoted him.....but since you outed yourself as a boomer makes sense hang in there buddy and keep up with your Centrum silver and Ensure intake both a awesome scopes.

• Haha
    Reactions: db2000
    Getting military contracts to supply optics is a good way to make your current (non-military optic) to climb in price from the 4k range to the 6k range without really upgrading much to cover the cost increase.

Getting military contracts to supply optics is a good way to make your current (non-military optic) to climb in price from the 4k range to the 6k range without really upgrading much to cover the cost increase.
    Please little baby Jesus let my ZCOs go up in value 50% 🤣

Reactions: deersniper

Please little baby Jesus let my ZCOs go up in value 50% 🤣
    It won’t help the current versions, the new ones will be rebranded and the contracts will drive the prices up. Same thing you witnessed with S&B when they fell into favor with .mil and the prices went up. As long as .gov is keeping them in the system, the price remains higher than what it should be. Once .mil moves on to something else, the price will drop significantly.

It won’t help the current versions, the new ones will be rebranded and the contracts will drive the prices up. Same thing you witnessed with S&B when they fell into favor with .mil and the prices went up. As long as .gov is keeping them in the system, the price remains higher than what it should be. Once .mil moves on to something else, the price will drop significantly.
    It’s improbable, if not impossible, it wouldn’t help the current versions. These contracts help across the board in varying amounts. That said, my comment was tongue in cheek. I don’t really care one way or the other. The scopes are badass IMO but I’m also not an expert. I just like what I like. 🍻