• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO Hunter scope at the IWA event

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    Hey guys, there's a new ZCO Hunter scope being released at the IWA event for the European market. I figured that I would answer some questions before the rumors spread.

1. This is a European scope only for now
    2. It's not being released very soon.
    3. A United States based version is not coming right away as the design will most likely be different.

IMG-4461.jpg

IMG-4462.jpg

Last edited:
    Is this going to be the one and done ?

Or are they still coming out with a more tac style 2.5-12 / 3-15 ish ?

Reactions: jh2785
    Hey guys, there's a new ZCO Hunter scope being released at the IWA event for the European market. I figured that I would answer some questions before the rumors spread.

1. This is a European scope only for now
    2. It's not being released very soon.
    3. A United States based version is not coming right away as the design will most likely be different.

View attachment 8088752

View attachment 8088753
    ZCO was started by Jeff Huber here in the states so I’m a little baffled at why only European market??? This scope would be highly sought after over here (except for the 36mm tube)

ZCO was started by Jeff Huber here in the states so I’m a little baffled at why only European market??? This scope would be highly sought after over here (except for the 36mm tube)

Yes but Jeff runs ZCO USA with huge input on ZCO Austria, but ZCO Austria sometimes caters directly to the European market.

Reactions: jh2785
    Why wouldn’t they ship them here if there were orders ?

Why wouldn’t they ship them here if there were orders ?

Maybe because there is a separate scope or scopes made for the US market, and supply chain issues makes it difficult to just make everything all the time. Hence the ZC840’s taking a long time to get back in stock for waiting customers

This is smart, learn from this scope and produce something better for us! 7x erector is pretty cool. Is this dual focal or available in first or second focal plane?

If this were released to the US everyone would say “so close” but I’m excited they will release something else here. That means ZCO has been listening… hopefully

I could get excited about some fresh Vortex AMG-level, price and weight 30mm hunting scope options, 4-26ish power that sports a body long enough to properly mount on a lightweight long action bolt. No, the LHT did not hit the mark...

Reactions: Glassaholic
    I don’t understand why nobody wants the 36mm tube. Do y’all have any idea how light the tubes actually are. I don’t think it’s Saving you much going to a 30mm. Zco makes some of the best scopes on the planet. I would buy one tomorrow if they were coming to us here in the US. I’ve been dying just this scope. Like a mark5 but better in every way.

Reactions: JulianD and BurtG

There’s more to ZCO than just Jeff’s ownership in the US and such.

It’s an international company. That’s the cliff notes version.

I don’t understand why nobody wants the 36mm tube. Do y’all have any idea how light the tubes actually are. I don’t think it’s Saving you much going to a 30mm. Zco makes some of the best scopes on the planet. I would buy one tomorrow if they were coming to us here in the US. I’ve been dying just this scope. Like a mark5 but better in every way.
    Because I hate buying proprietary or dedicated mounts that won't work with 98% of my other scopes. I do not see the advantage that 36mm is supposed to give compared to other 34mm designs, if someone could identify what that advantage is then please do (and if you tell me it's for better edge to edge sharpness at max elevation I have evidence to prove otherwise, and if you tell me because it offers more travel then, again, I have evidence to prove otherwise). Understand this is simply personal preference, sometimes I swap my scopes around and my mounts around to different rifles. It's like going over to a friends house to play Legos and I bring Megabloks, eveyone else brought Legos, but I can't play with them cause I have some stupid proprietary brand. 😉

PS - I have the same issue with Leupold's 35mm tube with their Mark 5, the 35mm tube does nothing for the scope except make it a pain for those who like to swap stuff around.

Because I hate buying proprietary or dedicated mounts that won't work with 98% of my other scopes. I do not see the advantage that 36mm is supposed to give compared to other 34mm designs, if someone could identify what that advantage is then please do (and if you tell me it's for better edge to edge sharpness at max elevation I have evidence to prove otherwise, and if you tell me because it offers more travel then, again, I have evidence to prove otherwise). Understand this is simply personal preference, sometimes I swap my scopes around and my mounts around to different rifles. It's like going over to a friends house to play Legos and I bring Megabloks, eveyone else brought Legos, but I can't play with them cause I have some stupid proprietary brand. 😉

PS - I have the same issue with Leupold's 35mm tube with their Mark 5, the 35mm tube does nothing for the scope except make it a pain for those who like to swap stuff around.
    I’m sure it’s just cause they’re dumbasses. Nothing to do with strength/weight/travel etc

We don't need 35mil of adjustment in this style of hunting scope. So a 36mm just adds unnecessary bulk without much advantage for the intended use.

There is a huge difference between a 30mm and 34mm scope on a hunting rifle. If your using a heavy rifle for long range shooting, weight won't be a huge factor so your not gaining anything over the 4-20 ZCO or multiple other scopes.

But for a compact or lightweight rifle where you are going to be OK with a 12x scope. You are prioritizing weight and size this doesn't add much if anything.

First gen Zeiss V8, hensoldt 3.5-26x56 and blaser use 36mm, my speculation is that this might has something to do with eyebox on scopes with a high erector ratio? Hopefully DLO can chime in to give us a more educated answer.

Non capped elevation

Sue Leupold invalidate that patent , use a zero hold button

First gen Zeiss V8, hensoldt 3.5-26x56 and blaser use 36mm, my speculation is that this might has something to do with eyebox on scopes with a high erector ratio? Hopefully DLO can chime in to give us a more educated answer.

And the new TT 7-35 uses a 36mm tube…

No matter how knowledgeable we think we are on the forums at times, we don’t know everything that goes into the overall design unless you talk to those involved. I attempt to learn as much as I can everyday from SME’s on different subjects in this related industry.