• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO in Spuhr 6002 elev ?

paigecm

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2007
Just mounted a new zco 5-27 in a spuhr 6002. Sits on an AI axsa. Getting 21 mils of elevation. It is a 0 moa mount so that i’m guessing that is about right? Just thought for some reason I would have closer to 30. Need about 29 to get the 6.5 to a mile so just wondering if I should pick up the 20 moa mount and sell this one. Any thoughts or any idea on how to figure out how much elev I would gain with going to the 20 moa version?
Sorry if these are easy questions I just don’t know the answer.

I'm using the ERA-TAC adjustable and use it @ 40 MOA with my AXSA & 30 MOA on the AXMC for a total of 60 MOA each with rails & mounts to get all the mils out of it. FYI
With a 100 yard zero.

Last edited:
Would there be a downside to using the 55 moa spuhr mount then? That should give me full elevation. I would assume not but want to ask the experts.

I think you would end up with a zero well beyond 100 yards (probably 300-500). I'm a Spuhr fanboy but for my ZCO that's why I went with the ERA-TAC. It's a German made top tier mount in 36mm. I wanted the full range of adjustment & one of the best features of the ZCO is the elevation travel. It sits on my AXMC for ELR use mainly, 35 mils gets me to 2600+ with 300gr. bullets @ 2800fps.

Last edited:
Edit 60 MOA total needed, AXSA rail 20 mount 40 & AXMC 30 each. The 55MOA Spuhr mount might work with a 0MOA rail but don't know if AI offers that option.

I run 50 moa on my axmc. 30 moa in my rail and 20 from my Spuhr. I have 30.5 mils of the 35 in the zco useable

Would there be a downside to using the 55 moa spuhr mount then? That should give me full elevation. I would assume not but want to ask the experts.

Pretty sure that mount was made when the 3.5-26 hensoldt came out. I’d say it was optimised for that on a zero moa rail, so probably too much elevation for you and your minimum zero distance is going to be quite far out.

Quick math edit. Something like 8-9 mils to much total elevation, so minimum zero distance in worse case could be near 1000 yards?

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver

55 will be too much on top of your ax 20 moa rail.

You could run a 6602 though and get some more travel back