• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO/M-brace question

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
So I just received my first truly nice scope, a ZCO and I’m afraid to mount it…. I purchased a ARC M-brace (I like the lower height than the Spuhr) and the torque specs are freaking me out. ZCO clearly says 20 inch pounds but ARC says 55 inch pounds because it only has 1 larger screw per ring. I’m sure it’s correct but that is a lot more torque, some one please tell me it will be ok!

Attachments

• 2BF8B09A-4AA9-4BA7-989A-EE12E8DE90C0.jpeg
    2BF8B09A-4AA9-4BA7-989A-EE12E8DE90C0.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 85
I’ve been told it’s good to go but in all honesty if you’re concerned call ZCO. they will show you the way.

The way I understand it…you can have 4 bolts torqued to 20 inch pounds that gets you 80 inch pounds of force. Or 1 bolt torqued to 50 inch pounds and hold it just the same

Good to go. Just mounted mbrace rings at 55 inch pounds. The directions actually discuss this. This is not a new subject.

Reactions: S3th
So I just received my first truly nice scope, a ZCO and I’m afraid to mount it…. I purchased a ARC M-brace (I like the lower height than the Spuhr) and the torque specs are freaking me out. ZCO clearly says 20 inch pounds but ARC says 55 inch pounds because it only has 1 larger screw per ring. I’m sure it’s correct but that is a lot more torque, some one please tell me it will be ok!

You are perfectly fine :)

You will be fine. But what do you mean you like the lower height of the ARC? The Spuhr option is lower (1.18") than the lowest Mbrace (1.26"). I prefer the Mbraces now too, just curious what that meant.

You will be fine. But what do you mean you like the lower height of the ARC? The Spuhr option is lower (1.18") than the lowest Mbrace (1.26"). I prefer the Mbraces now too, just curious what that meant.
1.18 was too low and 1.5 was too high, 1.26 was just right lol

I was in the same boat last week...double and triple checked the specs before I mounted my NF at 55inlbs......but all is good! Really pleased with the mount as well!! (y)