• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO MPCT2 mount question

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
I am looking to purchase a ZT527/MPCT2 and have a question about what mount to go with and whether to use locking or non locking turrets. I used rings before, but the Spuhr line unimounts look good. Scope will be mounted to a picatinney rail with 20moa built in.
Feel free to make any arguments and suggestions as to my questions. Not real sure on how the turrets work with the locking arrangement.

Reactions: CSTactical
I am looking to purchase a ZT527/MPCT2 and have a question about what mount to go with and whether to use locking or non locking turrets. I used rings before, but the Spuhr line unimounts look good. Scope will be mounted to a picatinney rail with 20moa built in.
Feel free to make any arguments and suggestions as to my questions. Not real sure on how the turrets work with the locking arrangement.

Feel free to PM us your number and we can go over all the different options for both the scopes and mounts plus we carry most configurations or can get them. We'll give you a ring in the morning as we are closing soon :)

Reactions: AwesomeDude
I have Spuhr Uni’s on all my ZCO’s and am delighted with them. No issues.

Reactions: gebhardt02
I use a spur uni with my ZCO 5-27 mpact 2 and could not be more pleased. Hard to see in the pic though
IMG_20210830_160329_881.jpg

I run a Spuhr 6601 with my ZCO 527 MPCT 2 w/ locking turrets. Works amazing on my Impact action with 20 MOA rail.

Actually purchased from CS Tactical, and would highly recommend them to help you out.

My old man I mounted with a SPUHR , I run ARC rings and like I posted above... that new mount has caught my eye

I went the M Brace route from ARC to try something new. Solid so far, and a little cheaper than Spuhr option.

I've got 2 ZCO's (got them both from @CSTactical incidentally), both of them mounted in Spuhr 6001's. One cool thing about the Spuhr mounts is that they'll mount your scope regardless of which reticle you choose... One of the big reasons I went with them over other brands.

Heresey follows;

If your rail has 20moa then you dont need a unimount. So you have a wider choice of mounting heights available to you and that should be the driver of the choice. Had good luck with either Tier 1 rings or better yet the ZCO rings.

The Spuhr mounts have issues and if I had a comparable choice I wouldnt choose Spuhr.

Heresey follows;

If your rail has 20moa then you dont need a unimount. So you have a wider choice of mounting heights available to you and that should be the driver of the choice. Had good luck with either Tier 1 rings or better yet the ZCO rings.

The Spuhr mounts have issues and if I had a comparable choice I wouldnt choose Spuhr.

If you want to maximize all 35 Mils of travel in a zco, then you will want to run combined 50-moa between the rail and mount.....

I got a pile of sphurs.... Haven't had a single issue yet... The guys I know who have, got a free sphur or replacement part no questions asked......

I got 32 mils available of the 35 in this set up

20210605_201638.jpg

I use the Spuhr on mine, very good.

Heresey follows;

Issues? Do tell…

Issues? Do tell…
The screws are a soft pot metal that dont respond well to multiple cycles.
The length of the bearing surface can cause crush issues on scope body, resulting in internal mechanisms binding. Do Not use the recommended torque specs of the rings.
The very short length only provides about 0.33" of fore/aft movement available to the scope, hope the rail has enough slots to position the scope because the mount doesnt. This (along with the length of the rings) also presents the problem of not being able to move the scope to avoid the above mechanical problems.

I'm not saying the mounts wont work, mostly, sort of, sometimes. I'm using one (for now) because of the trade off between those issues and the height requirements/desires. But every one of the above issues is a problem to be dealt with and monitored. If I could find a 20moa mount below 1.20" I would probably choose it instead.

Reactions: TheOE800 and KZP
Nearly every single prs shooter around here use Spuhr. I think we have at least eight in our household.
I purchased one used which developed a crack in the clamp bar for which spuhr sent me a free replacement when I wrote and asked to buy a spare since that mount was no longer in their spares catalogue. on a few older used ones I will be replacing some screws, but on the ones I bouht new there are zero problems. I use 45 and 25 inch pounds and fresh bits.

The screws are a soft pot metal that dont respond well to multiple cycles.
The length of the bearing surface can cause crush issues on scope body, resulting in internal mechanisms binding. Do Not use the recommended torque specs of the rings.
The very short length only provides about 0.33" of fore/aft movement available to the scope, hope the rail has enough slots to position the scope because the mount doesnt. This (along with the length of the rings) also presents the problem of not being able to move the scope to avoid the above mechanical problems.

I'm not saying the mounts wont work, mostly, sort of, sometimes. I'm using one (for now) because of the trade off between those issues and the height requirements/desires. But every one of the above issues is a problem to be dealt with and monitored. If I could find a 20moa mount below 1.20" I would probably choose it instead.
Have only two, so my sample size is smaller than most, but haven’t had any issues with Spuhr mounts. If not going by the 15-25 in-lbs ring torque specs recommended, what are you using?

My ZCO is mounted in the new ARC M-Brace. I think this new mount may give the Spuhr some competition. There is a thread going here.

• Love
I also use a ZCO 527 with spuhr Mount on my Sako TRG 6.5 CM ( 2021 model ) , in fact all of my C/F rifles are kitted out with them .

here’s a couple of them.
E9EE2D55-D2D7-4A40-BBD5-8E93B319A14A.jpeg
61ED6F57-2E08-4F86-9F54-280FB6B9E53E.jpeg