• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO Non-Locking Elevation Retrofit

gebhardt02

Captain, Retired
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2006
MT
www.zcompoptic.com
I just wanted to make a separate post explaining our Non-Locking Elevation (NLE) retrofit option. This is for those members here that may not follow the dedicated ZCO update thread.

We started offering this NLE retrofit option on our products several weeks ago. What this does is disable the locking function of the elevation turret. You do not need to lift the turret to unlock it; the turret will remain in the "down" position and will turn/click as a standard turret would. You still have the Return 2 Zero built into the elevation turret giving about 0.5 Mil below zero. We maintain the locking function on the windage as most competitors elect to hold for windage, so keeping this locked down is important.

We've been getting requests for this option for some time now from many competitors and our engineering staff came out with this option. Dealers can order scopes directly with this option. Current customers can also send in their optic for the retrofit option. We do have a bit of a charge to perform the retrofit but we also go through your scope as a customary inspection and cleaning as necessary. Turn-around time is about a week back to your door.

One of our dealers CS Tactical did an excellent short video on the NLE option, check it out here:

Thanks for all the outstanding support from the members here on Sniper's Hide! We are always paying attention to customer feedback, especially from this forum, and we do our best to provide products based on this feedback. Our customer satisfaction is #1 priority in conjunction with building the finest rifle scopes in the world!

Thank you for having this option, we have many happy customers with this upgrade :) For those waiting or looking at this option, we have an ZC420 M3X NLE coming in tomorrow and many more options shipping to us periodically.

Edit: ZC527 M2 NLE's on the way as well :)

Last edited:
Are you still at roughly a week turn around on a NLE retrofit? Can you PM me details on where to send it, etc.....

Thank you for having this option, we have many happy customers with this upgrade :) For those waiting or looking at this option, we have an ZC420 M3X NLE coming in tomorrow and many more options shipping to us periodically.

Edit: ZC527 M2 NLE's on the way as well :)

Am I missing something about this as an upgrade? Leaving the turret pulled up didn't work before? People were accidentally locking their turrets?

Some competitors on the clock did not want to have a locking turret. It’s just an additional option 🙂

Thanks!
But now all I can picture in my mind is a ham fisted old fudd yelling at his turret because he can't get it to move while he's staring at a stop watch.... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
I have both versions and much prefer the NLE turret setup. Converting the other is long overdue.