• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO Reticle choices

Best Reticle choice for 22LR rifle platform for a ZCO Scope?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinnie45ACP

Unapologetic Patriot!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2021
Virginia
This is for 22LR only so I'm not looking for comments across the board, because I know how NRL22 and any such type 22LR type shooting requires different type Optic requirements then any other platform.
This question is directly related to ZCO items, what is the best Reticle to choose from for the ZCO scope for any type 22LR shooting, and WHY.

I found the MPCT2 to become bit on the thick side at higher magnification. Am yet to see trough other of their reticles but the 3X looks interesting.

Reactions: Vinnie45ACP
OIP.PtxD9Sj6wYUzQI0WKHrGawHaEK

I ran an MPCT2 for a year and a half, and now I have the 3X. I find the 3X quicker to use for holdovers. It was easier to do holdovers on the clock given the #'s are on both side of the grid, and the #4 and 8 are on the center-line. The bubbles I thought would bother me on the .2 and .8 holdover as they get really close to each other, but I just use 'top of bubble' or 'bottom of bubble'.

Honestly my favorite aspect of either MPCT2 or MPCT3X is getting NLE (non locking elevation turrets). Makes it quicker on the clock and easier to spot exactly what it's lined up on when dialing elevation.

I voted MPCT1 with my wallet as well.

Lately, I have been appreciating more open reticles in order to better see impacts on target and trace. In the case of the .22lr, not so much trace as the actual bullet in flight. The better the glass, the more I feel this way as you get more benefit of uncluttered space with better glass.

I love the 2 on my centerfire and wouldn't change it for anything but for rimfire i use holdovers a lot more and am considering a 3x. Still haven't committed myself to a zco for the vudoo but after owning 1 its hard to want anything else

If for fun I’d choose MPCT1 and dial for everything elevation (hold for wind), having the less cluttered view with the pristine glass makes for a better experience. If you will be holding elevation or needing it for competition I would choose MPCT3x as I find it less cluttered, or maybe less intrusive might be the better explanation than MPCT2 which I find to be almost too thick and distracting in the tree. Keep in mind reticle selection is very much personal preference, so my recommendations are based on my bias towards less intrusive reticles.

If for fun I’d choose MPCT1 and dial for everything elevation (hold for wind), having the less cluttered view with the pristine glass makes for a better experience. If you will be holding elevation or needing it for competition I would choose MPCT3x as I find it less cluttered, or maybe less intrusive might be the better explanation than MPCT2 which I find to be almost too thick and distracting in the tree. Keep in mind reticle selection is very much personal preference, so my recommendations are based on my bias towards less intrusive reticles.

The MPCT1 has regained popularity lately...

I have had the mpct 2 and 3 on previously owned vudoos and the 3x on a centerfire. My nod goes to the MPCT2 for ease of use, not overly busy, and easy to use when I was holding over. Not to say that those don't apply to the 3 but I found it easier all around on the 2. Also while you’re at it, get the NLE turrets too

I have a 3 on my vudoo and a 3X on my centerfire match gun.

I actually like the locking turrets more, easier to zero. Having hold unders is important depending on how much MD's want to be dicks, so I would go with the 3x. Also you don't have the vulva in the way of spotting trace/bullet.

• Haha
Reactions: Islas82
I have a 3 on my vudoo and a 3X on my centerfire match gun.

I actually like the locking turrets more, easier to zero. Having hold unders is important depending on how much MD's want to be dicks, so I would go with the 3x. Also you don't have the vulva in the way of spotting trace/bullet.
What? You dont like the tactical uterus? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kpchurch
The 4GunGuy did a nice comparison video on ZCO's MPCT2 and MPCT3X, I figure it would be informative for the people that are choosing between these popular reticles. If anyone else has any questions about ZCO's feel free to give us a call at 916-670-1103