• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO trouble shoot

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
Been awhile since I set up my rifle with my ZCO 527. Maybe I’m wrong and just not remembering correctly, but doesn’t the ZCO like the us optics allow for full use of the elevation range once You zero it?

was at the range today and noticed I couldn’t get to the third rev. So I went through the reserving process. Even pulled out the ole manual to make sure I was doing it correctly.
I’m dead on zeroed. (100yd zero) I have .5mil range below zero but only have about 1.5 revolutions up.

What’s your combined scope rail + scope mount cant?

Erector travel is limited by one of two things:
  1. Physically running out of space for the erector+zoom tube to move around within the main scope tube
  2. Some sort of artificial limit before this
Some scopes, like the ZCO, allow you to dial as far as you have room before hitting the bottom of the travel (case 1). In order to get onto the third revolution, with 15mrad per revolution and 35mrad total travel, you need to be zeroed within 5mrad of the top of travel.

Some scopes, like TT, limit you to a set amount of elevation below the zero stop (case 2) - in the case of the 525P, 28mrad total “working” elevation, even if you’re zeroed at the top of travel.

Mine with 20 Moa base is 23.4 mils all the way up on elevation. It all adds up to me.

It gives you whatever you have left out of the 36mils.

1.5 revs would be about 22mils. So, your optic is working fine.

Reactions: IPoutdoors