• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO-TT FDE-Coyote color comparison

Dil pickle

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2023
Illinois
I have a TT525, love it and I had a zco 527 a while back. I end up getting rid of it and shouldn’t have. I’m going to buy a new zco or tt here shortly, and I’ve always been interested in getting a FDE colored optic. I have a few AI’s in Dark earth and I’m wondering how they look while mounted in comparison to the AI color. I’m told the TT Coyote is almost a greenish color, where the zco is more of a regular FDE almost like magpul FDE. I am aware neither match, and also aware pictures can’t do the justice however they will give me an idea if I should just stick with black or not.

I have no preference on a zco or tt optically or functionality wise. I love both of them, and personally can’t optically see the difference.

Does anyone have any pictures of either mounted on an AI in dark earth or pale brown? How about any rifle that’s a similar color to magpul FDE?

Reactions: Milf Dots
Also curious on this.

I don't have any pictures on hand of either of them on an AI in Dark Earth, but I have a picture of the ZCO's we finished in that same color code :)

243391173_6253224728053321_4187882943308103093_n.jpg

Squibbler ZCO (1).jpg

AI FDE is much darker than magpul FDE, it's more desert sand or coyote color.

There has got to be someone with a Coyote tan TT floating around with it mounted on a DE AI.. lol
Or maybe not-maybe it looks god awful sitting ontop it.

I forgot about pictures last night but yes it doesn’t match very well. Put the tan ZCO I have on a black gun and it looks pretty nice.

Reactions: CSTactical
I do prefer AI FDE over the lighter magpul myself, it does contrast very well with black.

Pretty cool Send It setup... who makes the fiber optic part?
They are from Brandt Built

So in person, the Tan TT is closer to the old version of the Elite Sand then any other color. So in this photo here I took, in person, they are pretty close to the same. The Tan TTs have a green to them. The camera doesn't pick it up but the color in the photo is almost identical to the barrel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508_223052_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230508_223052_Gallery.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Like others posted above, ZCO FDE is almost spot on to Magpul FDE. It also looks good on the pale brown AIs too. It however, does not match the AI DE. But neither does the Tan TT. I always suggest black if your a stickler for color matching.

My quick cheat sheet is below.

-Pale Brown AI... FDE ZCO
-18-19 (some early 20s) Elite Sand AI... Tan TT.
Dark Earth AI.... Cerakote.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I end up trying a Coyote tan TT. I like it. Some pics make it seem like it’s similar to the vortex razor color, I was promised it was nothing like that. It is absolutely nothing like them. It is indeed closer to the elite sand, the TT has a green hue to it. A camera doesn’t show the green tint. I like it a lot. I’ve had black optic after black optic and wanted a change. I think it will look best on a green or black rifle, but it is nice to break up the dark earth some. Thanks again to @MOUNTIC for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7648.jpeg
    IMG_7648.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7650.jpeg
    IMG_7650.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7651.jpeg
    IMG_7651.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 112
IMG_0309.jpeg

Not a ZCO.. But another satisfied CSTac customer from them. Actually my 2nd TT from them which is this Coyote Tan 525. The TT Coyote imo will go well with blk, fde, AI sage green. Shit, even some custom cerekote color.

Last edited: