• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO vs TT Turrets

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    I just recently bought a TT315M and my god those turrets are a work of art. Leonardo Da Vinci himself would have been proud with how they turned out. I've been going back and forth between a ZCO420 and a TT315P for my next build. With how nice the TT turrets are I don't know if I can go to another without them. In terms of the ZCO turrets, how do they stack up with the TT's?

I currently have TT315M, ZCO420 & ZCO527, the Tangent turrets are better. ZCO isn’t bad, but Tangent is a category of their own. That said, I think the ZCO420 is the better option if weight isn’t a concern.

I just recently bought a TT315M and my god those turrets are a work of art. Leonardo Da Vinci himself would have been proud with how they turned out. I've been going back and forth between a ZCO420 and a TT315P for my next build. With how nice the TT turrets are I don't know if I can go to another without them. In terms of the ZCO turrets, how do they stack up with the TT's?
    ZCO's are very close. I go against the traditional mindset in that I prefer the ZCO's, for two reasons;

1. ZCO's lock, TT don't. (You can now get ZCO's with non-locking elevation, extra $$). I like locking turrets.

2. ZCO's are slightly "coarser/harder to turn" when unlocked. Yes, TT are dreamy, but I worry just a little more about unknowingly bumping the TT's out of adjustment.

But, it just boils down to personal preference. I have both.

At the end of the day, you've already been spoiled by TT turrets, so the smart money goes on TT. Purchase soon, prices are going up after the new year across the board for pretty much all manufacturers.

I currently have TT315M, ZCO420 & ZCO527, the Tangent turrets are better. ZCO isn’t bad, but Tangent is a category of their own. That said, I think the ZCO420 is the better option if weight isn’t a concern.
    What makes the ZCO the better option in your opinion?

Tangent eyebox is way finicky compared to ZCO or Zeiss. I prefer the Tangent turrets to the ZCO, and Zeiss turrets over all. The more tactile click every mil is noticeable and the tension is just right IMO. But turret feel is a personal thing.

I don't know why anyone would choose a Tangent over a ZCO if you're having a showdown. Resolution is the same, saturation and contrast are superior on the ZCO. Field of view is a bit bigger on the Tangent but the eyebox is SO much more noticeably tight.

ZCO's turret design explained better than myself since the caffeine has not hit yet:

"The mechanics in this optic are very well designed and spare no expense in production. Inside both turrets, there is an assembly that houses not one, but two clickers spaced on opposite sides of the turret. These clickers are not just detents that wear in one spot across the internal ridges on the turret. Instead, they make full contact and rotate with the turret, maintaining an even wear pattern for maximum longevity. Such is the detail that was paid to construction."

That being said, both scopes have fantastic turrets. Now adding the rest of the pros and cons makes it much more difficult but it's a win either way :)

Reactions: Baron23
    What makes the ZCO the better option in your opinion?
    In short: both have been mechanically solid for me so far - so tie. The Tangent's have better turrets if you are a purest. Again, ZCO are good, but to me Tangent are better. Outside of turret feel, controls are better on ZCO. Tangent is slightly more forgiving in terms of DOF/parallax adjustment (very slightly). In actual field shooting, resolution, contrast, and color are almost not worth discussing - they are both legit top tier. Eyebox is better on ZCO. You've maybe read about the ZCO "image", it's huge; not increased magnification or FoV, but huge. And I prefer the ZCO reticles. Lots of personal preference in there.

Reactions: CSTactical
    Tangent has the best turrets out there period. I would say second best are the new S&B DTII+. Nothing wrong with ZCO but the turrets don't have the same feel.

Tangent has the best turrets out there period. I would say second best are the new S&B DTII+. Nothing wrong with ZCO but the turrets don't have the same feel.

I agree with the above but Zco's clicks are really good though. For standard locked unlocked non mtc turrets, Zco's are fantastic.

Comes down to reticle, pick your reticle and go

Reactions: CSTactical
    I second this.. TT and the new DT2+ are top of my list. If ZCO had a gen2 mildot or Gen3xr in the 4-20 I would live with the Turrets though..

If I remember correctly, TT has tool-less zero reset; do ZCO turrets do this too?

I have both and while I prefer my TT optic overall, I have to give it to ZCO on the ability to see the numbers on the turret. I prefer to visually verify the settings; my older eyes appreciate ZCO in this area.

I have both and while I prefer my TT optic overall, I have to give it to ZCO on the ability to see the numbers on the turret. I prefer to visually verify the settings; my older eyes appreciate ZCO in this area.
    Go enjoy your TT more.

ZCO's are very close. I go against the traditional mindset in that I prefer the ZCO's, for two reasons;

1. ZCO's lock, TT don't. (You can now get ZCO's with non-locking elevation, extra $$). I like locking turrets.

2. ZCO's are slightly "coarser/harder to turn" when unlocked. Yes, TT are dreamy, but I worry just a little more about unknowingly bumping the TT's out of adjustment.

But, it just boils down to personal preference. I have both.

At the end of the day, you've already been spoiled by TT turrets, so the smart money goes on TT. Purchase soon, prices are going up after the new year across the board for pretty much all manufacturers.
    What? What ZComp have you handled that is stiffer to turn than TT? I have 5 TT and 2 ZComp and I would worry more about a ZComp turret bumping than TT.
    And Yes TT does have locking turrets.

Last edited:
    Tangent eyebox is way finicky compared to ZCO or Zeiss. I prefer the Tangent turrets to the ZCO, and Zeiss turrets over all. The more tactile click every mil is noticeable and the tension is just right IMO. But turret feel is a personal thing.

I don't know why anyone would choose a Tangent over a ZCO if you're having a showdown. Resolution is the same, saturation and contrast are superior on the ZCO. Field of view is a bit bigger on the Tangent but the eyebox is SO much more noticeably tight.
    You don’t know why…??? TT is better in almost every category. Glass is better on TT, TT has the best parallax on the market, clarity in mirage is the best on the market, turrets are the best on the market, tracking is the best on the market. The only thing ZComp has over TT is eyebox below 20 power

What? What ZComp have you handles that is stiffer to turn than TT? I have 5 TT and 2 ZComp and I would worry more about a ZComp turret bumping than TY.
    And Yes TT does have locking turrets.
    Fair enough.....point of clarification; I was referring to when the ZCO turrets are locked. The TT that I have does not have locking turrets.

I had both. I sold my ZCO and bought two TTs. The ZCO is my second fav scope for sure though. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, I find the locking turret a non-issue and love the tool less zero feature. Glass on both is great imho.

I own 5 TT 5-25 and 2 ZComp 5-27. TT is still the king and anybody who says ZComp is better is just saying it because of the price difference. TT is pretty much better in ever category besides eyebox below 20 power. TT turrets are better, parallax is better, glass is better, clarity in mirrage is the best on the market, low light clarity is better, tracking is better.

• Haha
    Reactions: LakuNoc and Secant
    I own 5 TT 5-25 and 2 ZComp 5-27. TT is still the king and anybody who says ZComp is better is just saying it because of the price difference. TT is pretty much better in ever category besides eyebox below 20 power. TT turrets are better, parallax is better, glass is better, clarity in mirrage is the best on the market, low light clarity is better, tracking is better.
    I'm glad you think so, I just don't agree and put plenty of eyes behind both, particularly those that have 0 idea about optics.

Younger eyes, all preferred ZCO glass, particularly for the better contrast and saturation.

Older eyes, some preferred Tangent, some preferred ZCO. The note there was the Tangent had a brighter image but was tough to get a full FOV off a tripod due to the touchy eyebox.

Different strokes for different folks, no need to be an ass :)

I'm glad you think so, I just don't agree and put plenty of eyes behind both, particularly those that have 0 idea about optics.

Younger eyes, all preferred ZCO glass, particularly for the better contrast and saturation.

Older eyes, some preferred Tangent, some preferred ZCO. The note there was the Tangent had a brighter image but was tough to get a full FOV off a tripod due to the touchy eyebox.

Different strokes for different folks, no need to be an ass :)
    What exactly whas “being an ass” anywhere in my post? Telling the truth is being an ass? Or is it because it’s an opinion you don’t like? I haven’t met anybody in person who has told me they like my ZComp glass better. And every in depth extensive review on this site with detailed right ups comparing these two optics side by side TT has come on top every time and in the glass department.

And I trust an optical engineers opinion on this site who has stated many times TT is optically superior and has better glass.

When making adjustments to the ZCO be darn sure you have pulled the covers completely outward before turning. I managed to NOT do that and created a small burr which prevented the cover to be pulled out at all.
    Solution was to pull really hard (per ZCO) to straighten in back out. It did, however, make the detents a bit mushy around my zero.

What exactly whas “being an ass” anywhere in my post? Telling the truth is being an ass? Or is it because it’s an opinion you don’t like? I haven’t met anybody in person who has told me they like my ZComp glass better. And every in depth extensive review on this site with detailed right ups comparing these two optics side by side TT has come on top every time and in the glass department.

And I trust an optical engineers opinion on this site who has stated many times TT is optically superior and has better glass.

Oh wait! You’re from Canada eh? Of course you love TT…

Reactions: Milf Dots
    You go down South and fuk up "All Y'All" and you's in sum serious trouble Boy. :eek:

'yer welcome.

Hey, in fairness, Southerners get teased a lot, unfairly so. I did work for a company based in Western Arkansas. Some of the nicest people I ever had the privilege of knowing.
    I’ll make sure I keep this in mind lol and yea southerners are awesome. A lot better than those crazy fucking creatures in Washington and Oregon with green and purple hair

• Haha
    Reactions: Threadcutter308
    09330173-0A32-48C8-9B66-4A1268CE3365.jpeg

Sorry for hurting your feelings. Tangent is the best ever, the end. See ya next thread 😂

Go enjoy your TT more.

I tried those and the clarity of the plastic lens are horrible, at least the one I purchased. I enjoy both, just tend to use my reading glasses a bit more with the TT

Reactions: ACard
    YoU’rE fRoM mErIca YalL, Of CoUrSe YoU LoVe ZcOmP 😂😂😂

Witty comebacks are usually funnier when you are actually correct. At least half of that sentence should be in German. AND your reading comprehension sucks because I actually prefer TT but hey don't let minor things like reading comprehension and facts get in the way of a good time.

Lol
    What a fuckin beta male😂😂 is that all you got? You must be a liberal 😂😂😂😂 you fuckin fairy.

You're batting 1000 here, don't let me get in the way of your early binge drinking. Beta male is SO 2018, you really should up your game. For diving in so fast you would think you could get something right. AND if you want to talk about fairies lets compare Presidents.... At most you can accuse me of shitting my pants. 🤪

Well, my question was not answered :ROFLMAO:... jk.

I agree with the TTs not being easy to turn. I read on here about how nice they are to turn and how sturdy? they are I guess. After receiving mine, I can't see how an accidental bump would turn the turrets.

I’ve had the ZCO 4-20, TT 3-15m and TT 3-15H. I much prefer the turrets on the TT. The ZCO has that almost double click feeling that I just didn’t like but not that big of a deal. I just hunt with my scopes and ran the ZCO for 2 years along side the TT 3-15M on a different rifle. The biggest thing for me was the weight and parallax of the ZCO was very noticeable and finally decided on the TT and sold the ZCO. Before I got the TT 3-15H I never had any issues with the turret spinning. I wanted the TT H for the thicker reticle for closer shots, the locking turrets that came with the TT H I didn’t even care about.
    ever had issues with eye box or glass with either ZCO or TT, both are excellent.
    For my uses (hunting) it was an easy decision to go with the TT on both my hunting rigs.
    PS - I’m from GA! Go dogs!

Hey it’s college football could go either way. Cheering for the Tide right now cause want another chance at some payback!
    99.99% of teams don't get payback against Bama. You're better off hoping for them to lose so you get bum ass Cincinnati.