• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO with MCPT3 or MCPT1

Altfarm

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2019
I am looking at buying a ZCO scope for my .22lr. I have never used a tree like reticle. I am interested in trying one and was looking at the MCPT3 but am wondering if I should just stay with the MCPT1 will be using for NRL 22 and taking it out to distance

You really need to get behind them to see if you like it. My friend bought an MPCT3 and could never get used to it, and ended up switching back to his Razor, and is looking to possibly trade down to an MPCT2.

For NRL22, the tree isn't a big deal as your max holdover is like 100 yards. For Nationals it will be very useful as you'll be shooting out to 400, and you could be doing hold over distances at 3-7mils repeatable with wind.

For the 22, I found a lighter scope to help balance the rifle was better than the heft of a ZCO.

FWIW I have an mpct2 on my AI and find it easy to use. Shooting at 1250 in wind with hold overs was no problem.

I would like to try looking through them first but I have no where in my area that has one so I’m buying on a limb. I’m a hunter first and just got started into shooting longer ranges and I am more comfortable with a MCPT1 but I do. It want to be one year in and think I should of purchased a MCPT3. I would like to try taking out my Vudoo past 300 yards. It has a 20MOA rail I may need to get more with a scope mount. Thank you all for you helpful comments