• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss 4.5-14x44

idahoshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Idaho
Anybody have one, thoughts, would you buy it again? About to pull the trigger on one for a hunting rifle and would like some input from people that have them.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Zeiss 4.5-14x44

I have owned a couple of that model with the z-plex reticle that replaced Leupold VXIIIs in the same power range. The zeiss has a larger FOV and more consistent eye relief over the power range.

I've since sold them but retain one of the 4-14x50 conquests which sits on a 243. The 50 has a lot more elevation travel in it (compared to the 44) and is a touch brighter to my eye.

All of my current hunting rifles wear Zeiss optics.

Thanks for the input. Didnt realize the 44 had that much less internal travel. Looks like the 50 is gonna be the ticket.

The 50 has more than half again what the 44 has...43" compared to 68".
The turret housing is larger on the 50 as can be seen on the Zeiss website.
They are good scopes in their price class.

Sounds like Ill be set. Its going on a gun thats only going to be shot maybe 50 times a year tops, so I cant really justify putting a swaro or leica on it. Just something that can take some recoil and go elk hunting with me.

I have a 6-24x56 diavari and I will put it up aganst any thing out there as far as optics. It holds very true and isnt too heavy.

Can't go wrong with a Conquest, especially for a hunting rifle. It is my prefered scope for my lighter packing rifles. Glass is great, adjustments are true and repeatable. I have to agree with the others to go with a 50mm.

I have a total of 5 Zeiss Conquests, 1 in 4.5-14x50.All are great glass,well built, tuff optics.Wouldn't hesitate to buy another, I actually believe they'll give Leupold a run for the money any day.

Thanks for the input guys, looks like I will be set. Looks like cameraland is the place to buy one, any others I should check out?