• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50- target turret question

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
Looking to pick one of these up, but read the turrets are numbered a little different. Are the numbers 1 moa, or something else? The Zeiss web site claims 1/4" per click at 100yrds, but there seems to be 10 dashes between the numbers.
I also see the limited elevation travel, how far out will this shoot on a Savage 10FP .308, shooting 168 Fed GMM, without a 20MOA base? Thanks for any insight!

Re: Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50- target turret question

Turrets are MOA, 1/4" per click.It looks like 10 lines between because they only printed even numbers,6,8.10, etc.The lines are there in between but I'm thinking they were left out for less clutter.So each long line is 1 MOA.As far as using it for long range, it's only a 1" tube and has limited travel ( can't remember exactly what) so I'm thinking you'd want a 20 moa base.Mine is on a 22/250 with a 20 moa base.Great scope, clear, and I love the turrets.

It is definitely 1/4" in per 100 yds. I personally like the turrets on it. The travel is a little less than optimal, but it has never been a limiting factor for me. I run mine on a 22/250 Savage. After zero, I think I still had about 35-36 MOA of up travel, and I am using a 0 MOA base. If you run a 20 MOA base, you might be ok. You might also consider shooting 175 gr rounds.

I've got mine on a LR-308 with the raised rail upper, so no way to easily mount a 20 MOA rail. With the Z1000 reticle (500 yd Zero) there was ample windage and elevation adjustment.

I have one on a Farrel 0 moa rail with Burris Signature Zee rings,Sav Mod10 260rem. I haven't tried it at 1000 yet but at 600 I was only 16 1/2 moa over my 100yd zero. That leaves me at least 19 1/2 moa and maybe more. I have never run it out to the top to see how much was left. You realize they have 18moa per revolution? and they turn clockwise for elevation and windage. You need to look again by the way,theres only 8 marks between the numbers. These are great scopes, you would like it I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You need to look again by the way,theres only 8 marks between the numbers. </div></div>

Hard to see them little hash marks on a web page, but that makes more sence. Thanks for clearing that up!