• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest: Dial Calibration and Power Settin

coues7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2007
White Mountains AZ
A buddy of mine got a Zeiss Conquest (6.5-20x50 MC) with the #43 reticle. I've looked and looked, searched and searched and I can't seem to find any info on when the MOA adjustments on the turrets are true 1/4 MOA. Anybody know? Also what is the most effective way for him to utilize the Mil-Dot reticle?

I know MOA inside and out but don't know anything about Mils....so I'm of no help to him other than I know its probably the best reticle they offer in that scope.

Re: Zeiss Conquest: Dial Calibration and Power Settin

There is a sticky about this. In short you have to measure your adj. at 100yd then use the actual(measured)change when dialing. The recticle is correct when on highest power. Hope this helps.

Hello,

I've got a 4.5-14X50 with mildot (#43) and I asked Zeiss the same question. See my email below, and their reply.

----------------------

At what power setting on this new Conquest 4.5-14x50 with the number 43 redical, should the power ring be set at to see proper mildot size?

Also can you email me the mildot redical dimensions?

Thanks,
Jeff
---------------------------
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your inquiry to Carl Zeiss.

You would set your scope to 10x magnification.

Please find enclosed a subtension chart:

(See attached file: Reticle Subtensions.pdf)

Hoping to be of service to you we kindly ask you to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Richard Moncrief

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Very Best Regards,

Richard W. Moncrief

Training Manager

Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
Sports Optics
13005 N. Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836 USA

Phone: +1 804 425 8455
Fax: +1 804 530 8481
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.zeiss.com/sports

-------------------

<span style="color: #FF0000">Here's the Reticle Subtension PDF:</span> LINK

-------------------

By the chart, your scope is the same.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

The sticky Optic FAQ has a section on checking turret cal. Lindy's second post has a link to a detailed explination. I guess I was wrong on power setting, sorry.