• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest Scopes

Tex1970

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Seattle, Washington . USA
I am looking at a Zeiss 6-20X50 with the Rapid Z reticle. Does anyone have experience with these scopes, quality,clarity, warranty. Or if there is a better more practical reticle. I am mounting it on a RRA 24" Varminter in .223. I will mostly be shooting paper to 600-800yrds. If anyone has any heads up on these or best place to buy other than cameraland would appreciate it. Thanks Randy

Re: Zeiss Conquest Scopes

I have a 3-12 X 56mm conquest and it has great glass very clear. I shot it out to 1000y. I think you will really like the Zeiss scopes. I would say you will need a 20-30 moa to get out for the Zeiss don't have a lot of up built in.

I have the same model you are looking at but with a fine cross hair. The scope worked great on my 204 out to about 300 yards or so. Never really a need to take it farther than that, plus those tiny little bullets did not work all that great in the wind. I think it has some of the best glass under 1500 dollars. It does not have much internal adjustment and it would require a 20 to 30 moa base if I had it on something bigger. My scope tracked well and never lost zero. It never left the 204 so I cannot really speak to ruggedness or dealing with recoil and things of the nature. It is a great scope and I got a great deal on it from the sample list.

I have a 4.5-16X50 on my 308 blot gun. I have had it for 3 years and never a problem. i compared it side to side with a friends leupy mk 4 4-16X50 and the zeiss had clearer glass. the only downfall is the limited elevation travel but i have it mounted on a 20moa base and that solved that problem.

I have the same scope you are looking at and I think it is simply amazing. I shot with it today and recorded a one hole 3 shot group at 100yds. The clarity is just insane! Of course it re-zero's perfectly too. Check out Sportsmans Warehouse if you have one nearby. I got mine for $715 which is about $300 cheaper then anywhere else. They are having a sale on most of their Zeiss products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tex1970</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am looking at a Zeiss 6-20X50 with the Rapid Z reticle. Does anyone have experience with these scopes, </div></div>

I have the same with a mildot reticle for prarie dog hunting and after 4 or 5 years (or 5 or 6 yrs?) it has been perfect in every way. The scope is clearer than a Leup Mark 4 6.5-20.

I have had several Zeiss scopes. Everything from Conquest up to Victory and they were and are all exceptional in optics, reliability, durability and repeatability. I recently bought another 3-12x56 and got it from Alex at www.eurooptic.com and can't say anything other than the scope is great and the service was great. I would rather buy something from a forum sponsor or someone who is around here all the time and maybe pay a little extra (but you won't ) than buy from some bozo somewhere else.

i have the 6.5-20x50 conquest on my trg-22. i love everything about my set up except the 1 inch tube. that is a personal preference and if i had it to do over again, i would get some xtra scratch together for a victory series. good luck with your purchase, i got mine from camera land, they had excellent service.

I have a Conquest 6.5 - 20 with the #4 reticle.
With my load of 175 gr. Smk @ 2650 at 1800 ASL I have enough internal elevation to get out to 900 yds.
There is a review on www.6mmbr.com on the Conquest 6.5 - 20 in which they say it's the best 1" scope reviewed, and their first choice in a 6-20 varible.
Bob